[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

It's looks like the issue of the UI displaying incorrect audio port names on sends and inserts has been fixed but I don't see it on the list.  Could you confirm it has been fixed?

E.g. it used to the be case that if you allocated a send to the left leg of a stereo pair; after you save and close the project, then reload the project, the send allocation would show as to both L and R, even though the allocation was actually L only.

Regards

Robert

Hello~

I've only been using Cakewalk since DOS Cakewalk. I'm still using it now, so thank you very much.
When using Export Audio, the dialog box has changed since 2021, and it has become very inconvenient for me, who writes Korean.
There are some countries that use double-byte characters, such as Korean. I do not know the country of the other 2 bike characters, but there is an error in Korean.
When typing, the letters are hard to see, so it is very difficult to type the file name.
I checked the error condition in the attached JPG file. There were no errors in the old-fashioned dialog box that Cakewalk used from the beginning. After changing to a stylish black design, there was an error in the text input. I would appreciate it if you could modify it so that it can be used freely in Korean in Korea.

Thank you.

error.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, norfolkmastering said:

It's looks like the issue of the UI displaying incorrect audio port names on sends and inserts has been fixed but I don't see it on the list.  Could you confirm it has been fixed?

E.g. it used to the be case that if you allocated a send to the left leg of a stereo pair; after you save and close the project, then reload the project, the send allocation would show as to both L and R, even though the allocation was actually L only.

Regards

Robert

Yes this was fixed.

8 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Terrible distortion and delay compensation is not correct with autotune in projects with the 2022.02 (25) update.  Might be a combination of plugins. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QFfTrBOIPySif6wPD08cWNFQHvHvlhMI?usp=sharing

2 audio files and CWB

There are duplicate buses because of a track template import. I was going to delete them, but I left them in, so the file does not change. 

Added->

Two songs checked,  same problem.

Same issue for me but only with Autotune PRO, all the other Autotunes (artist, EFX, etc.) are working.

if i use Autotune PRo alone, no problems at all, but if i insert another plugin before or after, a digital distorsion appears and the audio is pithed down of an octave +/-, i've tried with different plugin brands (Softube, Fabfilter, Cakewalk, and more).
Also when you insert Auto Tune Pro alone without any other plugins, the stereo wide changes and act like a doubler effect, very pleasent to be honest, but it shouldn't happen!

Edited by KWILD
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EnglandBross said:

is it possible to insert a control to move all automation point from FADER ?
image.thumb.png.07282d809e3d87a4494219860c003d13.png

Offset mode should handle this. Press "O" on your keyboard, and now you have a separate control that is not tied to the envelope.

19 hours ago, 뮤직벙커 said:

Hello~

I've only been using Cakewalk since DOS Cakewalk. I'm still using it now, so thank you very much.
When using Export Audio, the dialog box has changed since 2021, and it has become very inconvenient for me, who writes Korean.
There are some countries that use double-byte characters, such as Korean. I do not know the country of the other 2 bike characters, but there is an error in Korean.
When typing, the letters are hard to see, so it is very difficult to type the file name.
I checked the error condition in the attached JPG file. There were no errors in the old-fashioned dialog box that Cakewalk used from the beginning. After changing to a stylish black design, there was an error in the text input. I would appreciate it if you could modify it so that it can be used freely in Korean in Korea.

Thank you.

error.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the report. Does the problem only happen while editing text? In other words, does Korean text display correctly until you start editing it? Your screenshot suggests that's the case.

If so, there's a known issue with our text editor control which doesn't draw Unicode text correctly. You can still enter Unicode text, but it won't display correctly until you finish editing. That's something we hope to fix in a future update.

If that's not it, please let us know and we can investigate.

Thanks again,
Ben

14 hours ago, KWILD said:

Same issue for me but only with Autotune PRO, all the other Autotunes (artist, EFX, etc.) are working.

if i use Autotune PRo alone, no problems at all, but if i insert another plugin before or after, a digital distorsion appears and the audio is pithed down of an octave +/-, i've tried with different plugin brands (Softube, Fabfilter, Cakewalk, and more).
Also when you insert Auto Tune Pro alone without any other plugins, the stereo wide changes and act like a doubler effect, very pleasent to be honest, but it shouldn't happen!

Yes, that is what I am talking about. Autotune Pro with other plugins. Sometimes sounds like an octave down, other times just distortion. I thought I had trashed the file for some reason. What I opened another song, it was the same distortion.  Had to go back to 2021. Another note - my driver is set to 2048 buffer samples. Is yours high like that?

There is an issue on audio when pre click of metronome count in, the audio cuts out on the armed track until it hits the point of record.

This is only come about in the update.

Having no audio on the pre click is detrimental as you often use the time to prepare to hit the start point.

I have downloaded this new Early Access Update, and when I try to install it, I get a message that says that it is not compatible with my computer.  I've had no problem doing the Early Access Updates before.  Always downloaded them with no error messages.

Just thought I would let you know.

Steve Scheffler

On 2/12/2022 at 8:07 PM, arressen said:

I reported the (admittedly minor) issues with the mixdown function - many thanks for looking at these. Two things to report back from my testing so far:

- good news: the output location is now saved with the project and not replaced by the default folder each time the project is re-opened

- not-so-good news: running a mixdown from a newly-opened project and not changing any settings still results in the project being flagged as 'dirty'. No changes are listed in history, but any time a mixdown is run the program seems to think it's necessary to save the project once more.

Richard

The last used export location is now stored with the project, so if it hasn't been saved before in that project, or it's changed it'll dirty the project.

For older projects, this location will be blank which is why it's dirtying the project right after exporting.

9 hours ago, Jonathan Wade said:

update seems to have broken melodyne. Plugin wont follow playback, read previous edits, or transfer audio. Rollback fixed the issue

@Jonathan Wade which version of melodyne are you using and are you using it as a region effect?
We're not seeing any issues with follow playback in this release.
Are you trying to manually transfer audio in melodyne? That is not required since using it as a region effect clip automatically handles that.

I installed the beta update. Then when I opened my projects, all of the files with Melodyne sounded like Darth Vader until I turned off Melodyne. Is it the Cakewalk beta update or is there a problem with Melodyne. I shall experiment.

I uninstalled Cakewalk, and now I'm not able to reinstall through downloading the regular version from Bandlab Assistant. It says downloading 0/0 for a long time, and then it just shows nothing with an X to close. I had just updated the Bandlab installer. What should I do?

22 minutes ago, Laurence Levin said:

I installed the beta update. Then when I opened my projects, all of the files with Melodyne sounded like Darth Vader until I turned off Melodyne. Is it the Cakewalk beta update or is there a problem with Melodyne. I shall experiment.

I uninstalled Cakewalk, and now I'm not able to reinstall through downloading the regular version from Bandlab Assistant. It says downloading 0/0 for a long time, and then it just shows nothing with an X to close. I had just updated the Bandlab installer. What should I do?

Use the "Cakewalk Installer" link here:

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic