[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

4 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

>>>[REGRESSION] Tab to Notes in Piano Roll view stops working after Set Measure/Beat At Now

I missed it. But wasn't the next/previous note selected after you press TAB or Shift TAB when you have selected 1 note?

Now after TAB on a selected note the next note is unselected...

You need to manually rebind Tab and Shift+Tab to Goto Next/Previous Transient Marker in Keybindings. The default bindings were removed in 21.12, and affected Tab-to-Notes as well as Tab-to-Transients.

Hi:)

@David Baay

>>>You need to manually rebind Tab and Shift+Tab to Goto Next/Previous Transient Marker in Keybindings. The default bindings were removed in 21.12

I've obviously overseen this. TAB and Shift + TAB without rebinding them move to the start of the next/previous note in the PRV so I thought it should work like before....

Thank you very much;)

Bassman.

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 25]

JEEZ! JUST INSTALLED THE NEW UPDATE AND ALL MY SHORTCUTS - GONE!!! 

UPDATE: NOT EVEN MY SAVED TEMPLATES WITH ALL MY KEYBINDINGS, I STORE ON MY EXTERNAL WORKS WHEN I IMPORT THEM.

UPDATE AGAIN: NOR, IF I BIND NEW KEYS SAVE THEM CLOSE CAKEWALK AND REOPEN THE DAW! 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

36 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

JEEZ! JUST INSTALLED THE NEW UPDATE AND ALL MY SHORTCUTS - GONE!!! 

UPDATE: NOT EVEN MY SAVED TEMPLATES WITH ALL MY KEYBINDINGS, I STORE ON MY EXTERNAL WORKS WHEN I IMPORT THEM.

UPDATE AGAIN: NOR, IF I BIND NEW KEYS SAVE THEM CLOSE CAKEWALK AND REOPEN THE DAW! 

Bindings are working correctly on my end. There haven't been any changes to bindings since the initial Early Access drop, so I'm not sure how you would see this issue now. You can try using the rollback installer to see if it works normally in 2021.12, then possibly rolling forward again if something went wrong during your install. 

No consolation, I know, but my key bindings are (all?  seem to be) present after the update.  That sounds like a registry permissions/corruption issue (given where they are storedHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\Bindings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Bindings are working correctly on my end. There haven't been any changes to bindings since the initial Early Access drop, so I'm not sure how you would see this issue now. You can try using the rollback installer to see if it works normally in 2021.12, then possibly rolling forward again if something went wrong during your install. 

I have a new clean OS installed on the system 2-3 weeks ago. Had the 2021.12 again, did the 2022.02 EA update and today the 2022.02.025 when I noticed this try to do a bounce to tracks and inserting a new audio track when nothing worked. 

I'll do the rollback and give feedback in a few, thanks Jonathan. 

Key bindings are stored in the location that Kevin listed. If they get lost its most likely some registry corruption or something restored your registry.
Antivirus programs are common culprits or even Windows updates sometimes. The cakewalk install had nothing to do with this.
You should always keep a backup of your key bindings by exporting them if you have a lot of custom changes.

If making changes to the key bindings in Cbb is not saving its likely that something is blocking writes to the registry.
Try changing something else such as enabling 64 bit engine and see if that setting sticks. If not you have a registry issue.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

If making changes to the key bindings in Cbb is not saving its likely that something is blocking writes to the registry.

Try changing something else such as enabling 64 bit engine and see if that setting sticks. 

I always work in 64bit engine. Its the first setting i change on every new install. I'll try that registry thing after doing this current install. It didn't work in 27.11. Neither in 27.12 installing 28.02.23 now. (Works if i save, close and open the DAW again.) 

UPDATE: Back to losing keys bindings with 28.02.25. 🤔 WEIRD! And frustrated now. 

All my win 10 security is disbaled. Cakewalk is excluded from my Antivirus. I did check for updates on Monday, but things were working fine, just before the update LITERALLY! I was still making a Mono Split and a bounce to tracks.  

Thanks @Kevin Perry

Little frustrated now. Spirit Broken. I'll give this a try with not so frustrated thoughts tomorrow again. Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

33 minutes ago, Morten Saether said:

Click the Track view View menu and select Display > Display Muted Takes in Parent Track.

Thanks Morten, but it’s not the parent track. I’m used to that. This is the actual clip in the Lane disappearing when muted. Very difficult...

Well. I've redone my entire Windows OS out of frustrations. Installed Cakewalk and the EA - guess what? Same story even on factory settings and a OS that is not updated. So its bot thst Registery key. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

@Will_Kaydo - you might want to try running some registry monitoring tool to see what is going on here.

Cakewalk's keyboard bindings are stored under this key:  

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\Bindings

Things you want to check:

1. Cakewalk is actually changing entries there - if it isn't, then some security software or setting is preventing Cakewalk from changing your registry.
2. No other process is changing anything there.

[Edit] - Was just thinking about your previous issue with the "Synth Properties" setting not being checked... this is also stored in the registry.  Neither Cakewalk or the installer would be changing this value (apart from via the synth properties dialog), so my hunch is that something else is messing with your registry.   If you can rule out other processes/malware etc, then it could be an early sign of a SSD / HDD dying.

• Like 1

I haven't found a way to reproduce this consistently... but after installing the EA build today (was on the latest release build before that), I have had three crashes to desktop during playback. Two times just pressing play, and once a crash just in the middle of playback... with Cakewalk just disappearing.

Any hope for the >Bypass FX Bin< bug?

When bypassing an FX Bin, the indicator turns gray, but when reopening the project they are ON and active in:

1. Track View MIDI tracks

2. Console View Narrowed MIDI tracks.

They are ON but inactive in:

1. Track View Synth tracks

2. Track View Audio tracks

3. Track View Busses.

I ran into an interesting problem that I've not seen before. Two tracks side by side had problems with the slider maintaining the correct position and the inspector view of the slider would also get out of sync with the console view. The tracks are 30 and 31 in the video below. I have no idea what I did to get the behavior to show itself.

8 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Will_Kaydo

Was just thinking about your previous issue with the "Synth Properties" setting not being checked... this is also stored in the registry.  Neither Cakewalk or the installer would be changing this value (apart from via the synth properties dialog), so my hunch is that something else is messing with your registry.   If you can rule out other processes/malware etc, then it could be an early sign of a SSD / HDD dying.

🤣 I rebuke this.

My SDD is 5 years old and honestly, it has been showing some strains lately. This I can confirm. I dont have much knowledge on how an SSD work . . . i can fix a stuck pin of a HDD. Sometimes it lasts another 2/3 years other times weeks/days, but always retrieve everything from it once the pin is fixed. So i know my way around them. With SSD: Well, haven't had the honor in fixing one yet. 

I'm gonna dig deeper into that later. Right now, this issue with the keybinding hasn't place me in any mood to work in the daw right now. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic