[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

[UPDATE 16-Feb-2022: version 2022.02 has been released]

We're pleased to announce Early Access for 2022.02!

This is primarily a maintenance release that includes fixes for various user reported issues, plus a few enhancements to audio export and track folders.

If you have encountered any of the cases listed below, please check out this release and and confirm that your issue is resolved before we release the official public version.

Please note that Early Access installers are update installers, which only update from a specific version. To install the 2022.02 Early Access build, you must be on the latest public release of 2021.12. 

Download Cakewalk 2022.02 EA installer

Should you need to revert to the 2021.12 release, you can download the Cakewalk 2021.12 Rollback installer.

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.
Please keep responses specific to problems or comments on this release. Unrelated bugs or feature requests should be posted in other threads or the feature request channel.

Thanks again for your participation!
The Bakers

Updated to build 28.02.0.027

This build contains the following additional improvements:

• Delete Hole fails to ripple Tempo Track if not explicitly selected
  • Aux Track not dimmed with dim solo
  • Editing project while waveforms being built causes process to restart
  • ARA capable plugins fail to work properly when inserted via an FX Rack

Enhancements

Export Audio dialog:

• The last used custom export path now persists with the project
  • CTRL+click the file path button to reset path to the default

Track Folder:

• You can now optionally specify if track folders should automatically expand when moving a track into them. To do so, click the Track view Options menu and select Expand Folder after Moving to Folder.

VST Scan:

• The following new path has been added to the default scan locations: %LOCALAPPDATA%/Programs/Common/VST3/
    This path is now recommended as part of the VST3 specification, in order to facilitate using plugins on systems without Admin rights as well as to support multiple users on the same PC.

Key Bindings:

• Mute [UnMute] all tracksSolo [UnSolo] all tracks, and Arm [UnArm] all tracks can now be assigned to keyboard shortcuts in Edit > Preferences > Customization - Keyboard Shortcuts

Issues Resolved in Cakewalk 2022.02 EA (build 28.02.0.027)

Stability:

• Crash when Paste Special into existing clips using MIDI clips on empty track
  • Crash when saving track template with multiple subfolders
  • Crash when importing track template with invalid folder hierarchy

Export Audio dialog:

• When doing an Entire Mix export with a selection range, the selection range is being ignored when calculating the estimated file size
  • Track folders that only contain subfolders do not display correctly
  • Export Path changes unexpectedly after save

Track folders:

• Folder +/- incorrect after drag move to folder
  • Track templates do not save folder hierarchy unless there is a track at each level
  • Track template inserts incorrectly when inserted from track within folder
  • Cannot use shelf tool to drag to max if folder is above current track
  • Insert Instrument missing from folder context menu
  • Drag drop tracks/folders should force a left drag gesture when dragging under a collapsed folder

UI:

• Recording over top of Melodyne clip does not display correct clip in comp track
  • Browser fails to show categories with non-alphanumeric characters
  • What's New link in toast notifications should not close toast
  • Articulation description not shown in Event List view if it's too long
  • Replace Synth should show the synth plug-in UI
  • Delete Track/Bus menu items should be grayed out from Console view context menus during record
  • Arrangement preview should be blocked when recording

Misc.:

• Solo button grouping not working with Simple Instrument Tracks
  • Unable to change outputs for multiple instrument tracks with quick group
  • Multichannel PCM Wave Files fail to import in projects with different sample rates
  • Dragging in a track template without an open project results in corrupt project
  • Mono sends are not retained when reopening project
  • Remove Silence removes clip name
  • "Cannot Read File" error when importing user MIDI files with bad track counts
  • Ripple Edit All does not work as expected with Meter/Key changes
  • Event Inspector can cause clip to move when aborting start time edit
  • Gluing MIDI notes with concurrent controllers selected deletes the controllers
  • MIDI Sysx saved as bank, ignoring settings
  • [REGRESSION] Tab to Notes in Piano Roll view stops working after Set Measure/Beat At Now

Plug-ins:

• VST3 bus activation sequence in Cakewalk causes side effects in certain JUCE plugins
  • ProChannel PC76 fails to load UI in user project
  • Plug-in automation node not read correctly during loop in user project
  • Initial/Reset VST sandbox scans fail to populate menus and shows zero plug-ins scanned

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

13 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

🙆🏻‍♂️ But with a new bug. When inserting a new synth now - it does not open. 😅

Which method are you using to insert the synth?   I can't see how this would have been affected, as the change was restricted to the Replace Synth command.

4 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

@Will_Kaydo - it's working fine here.   It's more likely the "Synth Property Page" checkbox has been unchecked in the Open Synth Properties at some point:

image.png.85b0f693ce362d85d680293be9348f3f.png

I never use the browser to do inserts. It's working correctly in 21.12.102. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Installed the 22.02 EA now again and we're back to the synth not opening on insert. After ticking that property page box - it works fine again. So, its probably during the install? It's a minor thing.

Let's see if other experience this too. Thanks for the tip on top. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

10 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

It may seem a small thing, but for people like me who like to sketch out ideas using Xpand!2 or TTS-1 and then experiment with different synths, it'll really help stay in the flow.

One of my successful replacement tests was to a TTS-1 (in addition to a few others).

Update: I Inserted Loom, then replaced it with Xpand!2, and then TTS-1.  Worked for me.

Edited by User 905133
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

No change here. Synth properties opening as expected when inserting an Instrument track

I think its a setting in my template. Replaced/resaved all my templates with the current setting including with some new solo/unsolo/mute/unmute key bindings. Little bit confuse about the Arm, because that still is a default option key with Alt+R

I use the way of creating Synth Track Folder to insert Soft Instrument.
When replacing a soft synth, the folder name created cannot be changed along with it.

It would be better if the folder name could be changed along with it.

Thanks to the development team for continuing to update CbB.

20220209.gif

HI:)

>>>[REGRESSION] Tab to Notes in Piano Roll view stops working after Set Measure/Beat At Now

I missed it. But wasn't the next/previous note selected after you press TAB or Shift TAB when you have selected 1 note?

Now after TAB on a selected note the next note is unselected...

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Key Bindings:

Mute [UnMute] all tracks, Solo [UnSolo] all tracks, and Arm [UnArm] all tracks can now be assigned to keyboard shortcuts in Edit > Preferences > Customization - Keyboard Shortcuts

Can we also have this for Create/Remove Selection Group? 🙏

It is missing in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu... 

On 2/7/2022 at 4:59 PM, Morten Saether said:

Enhancements

Export Audio dialog:

• The last used custom export path now persists with the project

Key Bindings:

• Mute [UnMute] all tracksSolo [UnSolo] all tracks, and Arm [UnArm] all tracks can now be assigned to keyboard shortcuts in Edit > Preferences > Customization - Keyboard Shortcuts

Brilliant! I'll have to wait testing the EA after an upcoming deadline, but these will be great for a fast workflow! 😀

Thanks for listening to us (pinging for example @Rogério! :) ) who've requested these. ❤️

When saving a track template containing folders in a nested folder structure, the folders sometime seem to inherit the name of folders on underlying levels when the track template is loaded. See attached video.

MykUTzz.gif

Edit: There were no reactions to this post, but even so the issue was fixed in CbB 2022.02 Update 1 EA (Build 28.02.0.037): "Folder names incorrect when loading track template with nested folders". 👍

Edited by Canopus

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic