TTS-1 issues

I’ve been having an odd issue with the TTS-1 since I downloaded Cakewalk.  When I first open it and play a few sounds everything is fine, but not long after the program develops an issue with the sound.

As I’m playing I notice notes won’t trigger properly unless I fully release a key prior to pressing it again.  Some notes have an obvious muted sound to them.  I initially thought it was simply a polyphony max, but it happens on a single note.

I’m using an 88 key hammer action controller with Cakewalk, and I ruled it out as the problem.  When the TTS-1 is acting up, I can select another track and have no issue with whatever VST is loaded to that track.  It’s only a problem with the TTS-1.  I also tried another one of my keyboards as a controller (Yamaha MOXF-6), and the TTS-1 does the same thing with it.

Thx

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I have the muffled tts-1 too.

It happened somewhere around the second or third update.

Glad it’s not just me.  I’m not too concerned as I have other VST’s that honesty beat the TTS-1 (such as Xpand!2).  I just like the nostalgia of that old Roland GM set.  Hopefully the devs can sort it out.

Sqk

4 hours ago, LadyFuzztail said:

You could always try out Roland SCVA which is an emulator for the SC-8820

I don't know if it's on purpose. But it should be said that Roland soundcanvas is not cheap.

12 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I don't know if it's on purpose. But it should be said that Roland soundcanvas is not cheap.

Exactly!  That SC VST is $125, and it’s actually pretty limited too.  I don’t think it’s worth the price.

SMD

46 minutes ago, SynthManDan said:

Exactly!  That SC VST is $125, and it’s actually pretty limited too.  I don’t think it’s worth the price.

SMD

I think it is. A lot of my more recent projects are done using SCVA. And considering how much more expensive other synth libraries go for these days, I think it's worth the price. One of the best $125 I've spent.

I mean you could use the SYXG-50 too, but I wonder about the legality of using it in projects you intend to sell.

Edited by LadyFuzztail

51 minutes ago, LadyFuzztail said:

I mean you could use the SYXG-50 too, but I wonder about the legality of using it in projects you intend to sell.

I guess this is a valid point, but as I've got 3 x MU10, 3 x NX5R, a MU100R a QY70... which all have exactly the same sound ROM as the SYXG-50, I figure I've pretty much paid Yamaha for the use of their sounds.

If it really was going to be an issue, I'd just re-record using the hardware instruments.