Recommend a retailer for WUP

Michael Vogel

I found everyplugin to be the cheapest when I upgraded to Horizon, as well as when i bought the Abbey Road bundle. I also requested a quote thru Audio deluxe and I think one time they might have been cheaper than every plugin, but I didn't bite on that occasion. I waited for a good sale on upgrades.

When it comes to WUP if you can wait they discount it by 25% from time to time. 

Edited by Craig N
Added info about WUP discounts
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

3 hours ago, Michael Vovel (MUDGEL) said:

As the title suggest- Can anyone  recommend a dealer offering a good discount on (WUP) Waves Update Plan? Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Is there a particular reason you're needing WUP and how many plugins are you looking at covering?

Sometimes it's cheaper to just buy the plugs again, or upgrade to a bundle 🙃

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Is there a particular reason you're needing WUP and how many plugins are you looking at covering?

Sometimes it's cheaper to just buy the plugs again, or upgrade to a bundle 🙃

^^^^ def worth checking.  You can find the upgrade deals in your Waves account.

either way everyplugin.com will be cheapest 

EDIT

also - don't feel pressure to WUP just because you Waves tell you to :)

The reasons to WUP are:

- They have added plugins to your bundle so it's cheaper to WUP than buy them

- There is a new version of a plugin that fixes an issue you are having

In general the version updates don't usually add any more features... I can't tell the difference between 11/12/13 etc (apart from resizing of window?)

You can WUP at any time in the future too..so no rush

Edited by simon
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, simon said:

^^^^ def worth checking.  You can find the upgrade deals in your Waves account.

either way everyplugin.com will be cheapest 

EDIT

also - don't feel pressure to WUP just because you Waves tell you to :)

The reasons to WUP are:

- They have added plugins to your bundle so it's cheaper to WUP than buy them

- There is a new version of a plugin that fixes an issue you are having

In general the version updates don't usually add any more features... I can't tell the difference between 11/12/13 etc (apart from resizing of window?)

You can WUP at any time in the future too..so no rush

This, except I've never seen where an added plugin is cheaper to WUP than the sub $30 you can get any plugin for with even the smallest patience.  

Basically the only reason to WUP is if your plugins failed to work and you need support to get them operational again, or you now have 4K monitors and need resizable GUIs and your version is old enough that wasn't an option.   And even then at this point I'd weigh your options based on what is on the market.  I'm thankful to have switched to other vendors.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

This, except I've never seen where an added plugin is cheaper to WUP than the sub $30 you can get any plugin for with even the smallest patience.  

It really depends on what bundle you have and how many were added since you last WUPed.  It's worked out much cheaper for me the last few times.  

But yes you need to 'do the math' :) 

3 minutes ago, Craig N said:

For Mac uses, WUP is life

True !

Bringing up Waves triggers a lot of people around here, immediately resulting in WUP-related comments.  But doing a thread specifically about WUP, that's practically like a political thread and some people lose all abilities for rational thought. True story.  I recently even mentioned I bought a Waves plugin recently in a thread and got a negative reaction. Waves = controversy. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Don’t mention ***!

I did hear a rumor that you thoroughly disliked WUP.  

But yeah, with only you commenting negatively about WUP (not that any of us like it) -- that's surprising. I guess everyone else ran out of steam. Anyhow, just for sport, I think I'm going to start making arguments in defense of WUP. 

WUP rocks! I love me some WUP! More WUP! 

Yeah, not believable. Still, let's at least be grateful that Waves plugins are always $29-$39USD and if they're ever priced higher than that. Just wait a day or two. Remember the days when Waves were really costly? And now, I want one, I just get it. And I've actually never paid WUP and I have some plugins  of theirs that are probably a decade old.  If WUP is too expensive, I'll just buy them again on sale, all the time. It's really not a big deal because they're so inexpensive.  If you want a complaint, I'd say that Toontrack is the most customer unfriendly popular plugin maker in the game with limited time for upgrades before they tell their loyal customers -- tough luck, your loyalty means nothing to us; upgrade on our timeframe or you're out of luck. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Fleer In honor of our little dialogue here, I revised my signature file. Now, beyond this thread, I wonder if anyone will notice -- and if there's anyone who could possibly take that seriously. Still, that's my new thing. I'm going to be known as the first human on earth in the WUP fan club! Every time I see a negative comment about WUP, from this point on, I'm going to play devil's advocate (and let's face it, a lot of people here do believe that Waves is the devil anyhow) and pretend I'm a huge WUP fan. Of course, anyone who sees this thread will know, but for anyone else, I'm going to defend WUP to the bitter end!!! Be prepared, Fleer. I am prepared to die on this hill -- the hill of WUP.  Anti-WUPers beware!!!! I'm coming for you. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are no bargains on WUP until Waves says so.  Hopefully they will get with it like other developers that allow extra machines without going through a small hassle.  Thy still have the Diamond upgrade offer.  I've moved away from Waves since I have 3 systems.  They rarely come out with a dud. They are still one of the best developers around,