[SOLVED] Suddenly exported WAVs not playable except in Cakewalk

Hi, guys.  First time at THIS forum, but longtime user at the old Cakewalk (SONAR) forum.

Just started using Cakewalk by Bandlab (had continued with SONAR) and exported a dozen songs as stereo WAV files--as I've done before on this same computer (Windows 10) many times--and when I tried burning to CD with Windows Media player (my default player)  it gave me error messages.  That has not happened before, and I've successfully exported WAVs many times on this same computer.  Can't play with Windows Media Play, and importing WAV into Audacity show signal in the meter but no sound.  If I import the WAV into Cakewalk, though I hear it just fine.  

What the heck is going on?  

Thanks in advance for the help.  Looking forward to attending to this forum more regularly--I was on every day at the old one.

EDIT:  Oh, Lordy--these exported WAVs won't play in SONAR Platinum either?  They will play ONLY in Cakewalk by BandLab.  WHAT IS GOING ON??!!

I'm "Exporting" via the File Menu--I see that there is a slightly different menu to use to EXPORT right under that on the BandLab version and it defaults to 44100 and 32 bit.  I've been exporting at 16 bit.  Is that an issue?  (I think I've always exported at 16 bit...)  Just exported at 32 bit and WAV still not playable with Windows Media Player or anything else.

Is there any danger in opening these songs back and forth in the 2 programs--the old SONAR Platinum and the BandLab version?  I get a warning when I do that, so haven't gone back to Platinum to see if things would work there.

Checking "Properties" for the files, they are all 30 to 40 mb, as they should be.  And, again--they play fine if I drag them back into Cakewalk.  Just nowhere else!

[IMPORTANT EDIT:  Exported to mp3 per custom and THOSE don't play either.  There is something very wrong with general Exporting]

Jerry

Tascam US 2x2, using ASIO

SOLUTION:  Turns out that when I changed the drivers (rolled back) to my Tascam US 2x2 Audio interface and changed my Preferences accordingly in Cakewalk, "things happened" in other audio programs such as Audacity and Windows Media Player.  I went into those programs, changed their "outputs" and things are working great now.  Windows Media Player burnt my WAV files just fine.

Edited by Jerry Pettit