Addictive drums split and deleted; still plays!

RICHARD HUTCHINS

It was all  going so well...until; I decided to delete a section of AD2 drums for a silent part of the song. It was originally a long guide track but this part isnt needed.

This always works, but not today. I split the clip, deleted the highlighted part, it doesn't show on the track, so far so good. Press playback, and Doh! it still plays as if I hadn't deleted it. If I've asked this before please forgive me, its a different issue every day with me and I hope one day to stop posting stuff...but not today! So what have I done wrong, any pointers?

1 minute ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

It was all  going so well...until; I decided to delete a section of AD2 drums for a silent part of the song. It was originally a long guide track but this part isnt needed.

This always works, but not today. I split the clip, deleted the highlighted part, it doesn't show on the track, so far so good. Press playback, and Doh! it still plays as if I hadn't deleted it. If I've asked this before please forgive me, its a different issue every day with me and I hope one day to stop posting stuff...but not today! So what have I done wrong, any pointers?

PS; The clip has now even decided to play over my simple 4 beat hi hat intro to the song, something that was never asked for, and this is even more annoying / odd.. what on earth did I do? I could go back through history and start again but I'd lose loads of stuff that I did before cakewalk decided it was time to annoy me again.

Its doing crazy things now. I had the bright idea of dropping a different pattern in to the "gap". Then I could ( in theory) highlight and delete the midi instructions in the piano roll, and it should just be left as a blank.

As if!

All that happens is the new pattern is dragged and dropped to the space and hey presto the complete drum track is replaced with the new pattern from start of song to finish. It would be funny if it wasn't so time consuming. Wish I was in a band and in a studio like the good old days...