IK Multimedia AmpliTube X-Drive distortion pedal plugin, FREE

Frank

Weird.

I don't know if it helped, but I was on my cell phone and I got a pop up there.
In my account no serial (why there is no serial, where is the proof I own it?)

Anyway, I logged in Custom Shop as someone else said, and there it was.

AWESOME freebie.

IK very smart here, I think they want you to love it, use it a lot, so that if you play live you buy the hardware?

THANK YOU for the news, and thank you IK MULTIMEDIA! 😍

This is a great freebie. The only thing I don't like, and maybe it's an oversight, is that the Cab Emulation is active in all the presets. It doesn't make any sense. So scrolling the presets you have to turn it off every time. I mean, who isn't running it into an amp?

I emailed IKM support inquiring about how we're supposed to be able to get this if we don't get the redemption pop-up. I got a boilerplate response that had nothing to do with the problem. No surprises there.

(Yes, I tried the Custom Shop as others have noted. It is not free for me.)

Edited by Olong Johnson

4 minutes ago, Olong Johnson said:

I emailed IKM support inquiring about how we're supposed to be able to get this if we don't get the redemption pop-up. I got a boilerplate response that had nothing to do with the problem. No surprises there.

(Yes, I tried the Custom Shop as others have noted. It is not free for me.)

I didn’t try contacting them, but I have the same situation here. No X pedals show anywhere accept browsing the custom shop to try/buy. None of the methods yet described changed anything other than me!

Not sure if this will help anyone else but I didn't get the pop up until I signed up for the newsletter. I thought I was already subscribed but didn't find any email from them so went ahead and signed up. It took an hour or 2 but the pop up then showed up.

• Great Idea 2

Whew! That was quite a challenge. Finally installed. I don’t know what finally made it work.

I finally got the redeem button, but instead of working, it shoed error retry or contact support. I did both. Still nothing.

I signed up for the newsletter two more times, checked product manager as well as custom shop. Nothing worked until I was preparing to give up and I saw it added.

Now to see if I even like it! 😉

• Haha 1

Ironically, I was able to load this awesome plugin with no  problem whatsoever but I can't remember the last time I received an IKMultimedia newsletter!

I have probably signed up for it multiple times. (inbf: Yes I check my junk email folder regularly! )

It's not important as long I have CCLarry and friends alerting me to all the great deals here on this forum! Thank you!

This is a great plugin...I have been sadly neglecting my IK guitar products. This will change that (as did the amazing 25th Anniversary Sale.)

Thank you once again IKMultimedia! Vi siete davvero superati!

59 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The site issues should be resolved, if you don't already have X-DRIVE in AmpliTube 5 the steps in this news (which also includes a video on how to redeem) should be working properly:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=GiveawayXDrive

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Peter!

Really nice gift. I just browsed through it for a first time. Initial reaction? Wow! I look forward to playing with this often. Seems very versatile as I learn the options. 

I wish there was some way to zoom the pedal as I can’t read the knob labels. First page is easy but it’s gonna take some time to memorize all the others from the manual.

6 hours ago, MGC59 said:

... I can't remember the last time I received an IKMultimedia newsletter!

I have probably signed up for it multiple times. (inbf: Yes I check my junk email folder regularly! )

Same here. Told IK a number of times but still no joy :(

5 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The site issues should be resolved, if you don't already have X-DRIVE in AmpliTube 5 the steps in this news (which also includes a video on how to redeem) should be working properly:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=GiveawayXDrive

Thanks for your patience.

how to find out if you already have it or not at your web account? if i search x-drive it will not give me any findings in product search?

also Peter is there a way to download all sounds content for all my products and back it up easily without going to each product one by one ? i know there is limit time 180days but i want to back it up all at one go before it expires.

thx

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dee said:

also Peter is there a way to download all sounds content for all my products and back it up easily without going to each product one by one ? i know there is limit time 180days but i want to back it up all at one go before it expires.

thx

Would love that too: back up everything in one swoop and be done. 

All the IK products you've downloaded have been saved in the IK download folder ("Downloads Folder" in the IK Product Manager Preferences). I'm pretty sure they're there unless you have manually deleted them. Just check that folder and back it up.

• Like 1

(Warning, off-topic rant)

re: IK charging to re-download your sounds: 

A friend of mine, newer to IK products, thought "why bother downloading my sounds, use up precious disk space, and then worry about backing the many GB of files when you can just log in to an already maintained web server and download them?"   I - I mean my friend - didn't realize at the time that IK would CHARGE to download after some period of time.  (?!!) I've never heard of such a policy except at IK.

Don't get me wrong, I love my IK products, but this is one of THE MOST unusual and customer un-friendly policies I think I've run across. I mean, the files are just sitting there on a server waiting for new customers to purchase and download anyway. Why on earth would you charge your current customer (AGAIN!) for a product he bought?  It makes no sense to me or "my friend". 😕

(Sorry for the rant.)

Back to our regularly scheduled thread and a sincere THANK YOU IK for another amazing freebie!  🙂

• Like 3
  • Sad 1