Studio Instruments showing up in FX section

Hi,

I recently installed the cakewalk software using the Bandlab assistant. While installing I chose the Studio instrument suite add on. 

When I load cakewalk, I see that the studio instruments plugins are getting categorized as FX making it impossible for me to use as instruments.  Any idea what I can do to correct this?

Here is how it looks like:

image.png

Edited by Kumar Rajput

Those appear to be 32bit plug-ins. While the 32bit SI plug-ins should show up as instruments, the 64bit versions are bundled with CbB.

Is it possible there is 32bit version of a Cakewalk Product also installed?

If so, the best thing to do is remove the 32bit plug-in path(s) from the CbB VST scan path in preferences.

If the 32bit path(s) must remain or these are really the 64bit plug-ins included with CbB somehow misidentified as 32bit FX plug-ins, try a VST reset on the same preferences page as the scan path entries.

• Thanks 1

Hey, Thanks a lot for a quick reply. 

Doing VST reset did the trick. I have been looking for a solution of this last 4 hours :(.

Now I have a new problem (not related to this): when I use the SI Drum kit, I hear a loud ring associated to playing any of the tom and bass drum. I can hear this same ring while using SSD5 drums instrument. 

Only plugin where I do not get this ringing noise is in mt drum kit 2. Any idea why?