A Slender Thread

Bajan Blue

Hi everyone

Here is the thirteenth track off our latest album Regeneration. The track is called A Slender Thread.

Also we eventually finished our website update –if you have a bit of time  have a look!

Hope you enjoy it.

Nigel

https://devinelie.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/DevineLie/videos

https://open.spotify.com/album/4wi4STVNSG7Wm6RuRM3DFz

• Like 7

👍's!

I spend quite a bit of time in the studio listening to reference tracks.
In the office my "first call" is Devine Lie to get myself "calibrated" on the DT990's.
I'm on the road and listening on Bose cans; this sounds (and looks) great!

t

oh, and I didn't miss that the video was running backwards there in the outro; very cool...

Edited by DeeringAmps

Yes to the vocals, and I think they could be a smidge louder in the mix, unless my headphones are suppressing the midrange, in which case nevermind.

I got an Alan Parsons vibe which I quite liked! 

Video-wise I found myself wondering, how do these different people know each other??? :) I think less people helps us build our own narratives. Maybe?

cool tune!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Any song that makes the furry paws tap involuntarily has to have a  groove. A groove that works its way into the furry brain and triggers the paws to tap along even if they do not realise they are. 

That Snare really digs in with its persistence, no it is fine it does what it should do, it drives the song with the same push.

I like, very cool tune Nigel :) No I did not watch the video, perhaps I will comeback and do so.

This is an outstanding piece of work!!  I am talking about both audio and video.  The Fx on the vocal give a real dreamy effect to the lyrics and song!  My son is an animator for Sony (a rigger) and he tries to explain to me how things are done.  It mystifies me.  I am also transfixed as to the quality of your videos and how they blend with the music and lyrics.  Absoflippinlutely, great production and performances!!!

On 2/4/2022 at 9:15 AM, DeeringAmps said:

👍's!

I spend quite a bit of time in the studio listening to reference tracks.
In the office my "first call" is Devine Lie to get myself "calibrated" on the DT990's.
I'm on the road and listening on Bose cans; this sounds (and looks) great!

t

oh, and I didn't miss that the video was running backwards there in the outro; very cool...

Hi tom, hope you keeping safe and well out there on the road - thanks for finding the time to watch and comment - and you spotted the backwards video!!!!!!!  Always appreciate your time my friend

Nigel

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool track Nigel, and the mix sounds great.  One thing that stood out to me was the fx treatment on the lead vocal - I liked the sound of it - nicely done.

Hi Douglas - thanks so much for the kind comments - appreciated

Nigel

Nigel! 

Great tune all around. Loved the long reverbs and the use of the long notes on the bass synth (I wasn’t expecting that)

Loved the way you panned out some elements and placed them way in the background. Some can barely be heard but they’re definitely felt. They create tension without clutter. That’s hard to do in Rock. 

Good stuff. Thanx for sharing it with us  

On 2/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, mark skinner said:

Totally Amazing vocal range. I Really liked the long vocal reverb tails overlapping the lead breaks. Very Nice ..  mark

Hi Mark - thanks for this - spent a long time on the vocals so I am pleased you think they work

appreciated

Nigel