Interesting Discovery Re: Dim Pro

mdiemer

I just discovered that if you have the Aria Player, you can load Dim Pro instruments in all the 16 slots, just like any other vst such as Garritan, East West etc. I'm sure there are many who already know this, but for those who don't, check it out. You can use one Aria instance, with 16 different DP instruments. Instead of 16 separate DP instances. Look on the left hand side of the Aria player, where you see GPO4 and 5 listed (assuming you have Garritan Personal Orchestra, which uses the Aria player). Dim Pro is listed along with GPO libraries, and the instruments are organized into groups, which makes them much easier to find.

This may also work on the Plogue sfz player. Both are free downloads from MakeMusic. I don't know if this something new, but I don't recall seeing it until just recently. works great, the instruments load fast. Makes using Dim Pro so much easier.

They look very similar but sforzando only shows one instrument window whereas Aria shows 16. I still don't see how to load 16 into sforzando.

Even though you can access and open Dimension's "sfz" library from either of these player's dropdown windows, you can't open its "prog" files, which are Cake proprietary.

BTW, I couldn't find a link to download Aria Player until I created an account and logged in.

Yes you do need to create an account for Aria. I thought I had used sfz as a multi, but it's been awhile so I could be wrong about that. I would suggest downloading it directly from Plogue. But since you created a MakeMuisc account, you're better off just using Aria anyway, it's got a better GUI.

Yeah, for 139.00, it's worth it. I have better libraries now, but I still use a handful of Garritan stuff on my orchestral projects. It's also very easy to use. Some people prefer Instant Orchestra, but I've never used it, so I can't comment on it.