Persistent export folders

King Bee

You can set up a default export folder in preferences/ folders 

I always use a global export folder so my songs are ready for mastering as an album. I can see putting a copy of your export with the project if you don’t produce many songs but it not convenient for albums and backing tracks where I have 300 wave files. 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, John Vere said:

You can set up a default export folder in preferences/ folders 

Thanks John, but I am aware of this. The problem is MP3's and wave files go to the same folder. Stems and full mixes go to the same folder.  And the biggest problem is that mixes/stems for different clients go to the same folder.

When Joe Bleaux comes to record his latest masterpiece, I would like to have presets to export MP3 mixes to F:MP3/Joe Bleaux/Masterpieces, and export 24bit Waves to F:Wave/Joe Bleaux/ Masterpieces.

When Jane Deaux comes in the next day, I would like to have preset export folders for her as well. She and Joe do not get along and do not want their music sharing the same folder. 🙂

Export presets already exist and do save a little time. I think that adding the export location to the preset would save even more time.

As always, YMMV. 

edit... just saw the EA and it looks like the OP got his wish.👍

Edited by Base 57

No problem for me. Inside the Export folder are sub folders for what I'm exporting. If I had a client right now that folder would be here too. 

I set the path in preferences 

1118856751_Screenshot(329)_LI.jpg.5c8eaa2905e2634496196b45d5f15fdc.jpg

Then in the export dialog I click on the Folder icon in the destination options

467145663_Screenshot(331)_LI.jpg.e9ef6113d07456d55a8bcaed551b6c75.jpg

That opens the Export folder where all I need to do is choose the correct folder. Takes 3 seconds. 

813862276_Screenshot(332).png.757a49380cefe82e1137fad6428ec3e4.png

I usually have the Export folder in the root of my Data drive ( G) but right now I'm focusing on my originals so I put it in there so I can back the whole folder up to other drives as I work on it. I also have my Narration export in there because I use that too for tutorials.