RC-20 Retro Color $19 (normally $99.95) at Plugin Boutique

Craig N

19 minutes ago, Craig N said:

I prefer VST2 for the simple reason that Ableton Live has an absolutely rubbish means of organising plugins, you can't reorganise VST3 at all. VST2 you can at least organise into a custom folder tree, which I do. 

I tend to forget about the VST3 only plugins I own, because I hardly ever look outside of my VST2 folders. 

It's unfortunate. I wish they'd allow a unified organisation of plugins somehow, like other DAWs seem to manage to. 

That's a good point. For me where they sit inside the VST folder on the hard drive shouldn't matter, as all DAWs should allow for custom groups/folders. Some plugins aren't just a compressor, or just a saturator, they could be looked at as both, or more, so I might want them in multiple categories.

For some reason ages ago, I seem to remember Live only allowing me to configure one VST folder path.. doesn't sound right though, so I may be remembering that incorrectly 🤣

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I recently bought Waves' lofi plugin and just  demoed the RC-20. There's no comparison. The RC-20 sounds incredibly better than the Waves plugin to my ears. It's hard to believe the RC-20 is this cheap. I bought it. 

I'm sure we've advised people enough times not to buy Waves plugins 🤭🤣

I pulled the trigger (not the addictive trigger) on this one as it was £13 with my virtual cash.

It will save me time as my normal workflow is to bounce my finished mix to cassette then play it on my Sony Walkman through an old gramophone speaker, record the sound on a 1950's microphone then get the result pressed to 7" Vinyl.

Then all I do is play the record on my PYE entertainment centre with a 1970's Radio Shack condenser mic, placed in front of the 5" mono speaker, back into my DAW.

Edited by Hatstand
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Hatstand said:

I pulled the trigger (not the addictive trigger) on this one as it was £13 with my virtual cash.

It will save me time as my normal workflow is to bounce my finished mix to cassette then play it on my Sony Walkman through an old gramophone speaker, record the sound on a 1950's microphone then get the result pressed to 7" Vinyl.

Then all I do is play the record on my PYE entertainment centre with a 1970's Radio Shack condenser mic, placed in front of the 5" mono speaker, back into my DAW.

you are so yesterday the new thing is 90s CD quality.  i got my old CD walkman still working.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/is-the-cd-revival-an-actual-thing/

• Haha 2