Snakes!

bayoubill

19 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

Yesterday I had to battle a Water Moccasin on the porch. This morning a rattler in the kitchen. It's getting to where is not safe in the bayou! 

Maybe they like your cooking Bill.

I had to sweep a coral snake out of our living room. It cooperated.

I have a 6' Coachwhip that lives under my house. It got in the porch one day, and it did not cooperate. Whatever way we wanted to guide it (the door) the snake went the opposite way. It was totally freaked of us. Eventually he went out.

Notes

37 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

I don’t kill them though. I took both to the lake edge and released them

Join us next week when the Snake Whisperer wrestles an anaconda in his (swampy) backyard.  

As kids we swam in ponds with water moccasins in them. The water moccasins will mind their own business. They don't go on the offensive to get at you. The only way you might get bitten by one is if you accidentally step on it or are taunting it with a stick....oh and don't swim into a brood of their young. You're usually ok if you stay out in the deep water of the pond when swimming. Rattlesnakes are similar. They don't want to see you any more that you want to see them. Just don't step on one. That's usually a bad outcome.

Edited by Starise

Just one of many reasons I live in the far north.

Granted, up here we're missing out on many of the South's distinctive charms. Hookworm, killer bees, black widows, wild pigs, hurricanes and backwater sheriff's deputies. Good thing you folks have the music thing going for ya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Earlier this month we had a warning about adders around the Argyll & West Dumbartonshire area of Scotland.

Obviously the cold doesn't bother them, although, to be honest, it's never really that cold here. 

They're protected though - so they can bite you, but you can't fight back :(