Arturia Producer Days

cclarry

31 minutes ago, abacab said:

Using Wotja as a MIDI generator, ambient sound banks should come in handy! :)

That's exactly what I had in mind 😄. Although I am exploring all of the great Kontakt libraries at the moment with Wotja driving it. Something that sounds universally great is a Wotja ambient preset pointing at Amadeus Symphony patch! 

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

That's exactly what I had in mind 😄. Although I am exploring all of the great Kontakt libraries at the moment with Wotja driving it. Something that sounds universally great is a Wotja ambient preset pointing at Amadeus Symphony patch! 

Yes, I have also experimented with the Amadeus Symphony in Kontakt. Great full range, all-in-one orchestral patch that is!

Luftrum Bioscape has some very cool ambient presets for Kontakt as well. https://www.luftrum.com/bioscape/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 7:49 AM, telecode 101 said:

yup. i have a bunch. it all depends what sort of sounds you are into and what you use.

note: if you have AL V, you can go to the store in there and demo them and get more info on who the sound designers are and what VIs they are using for the patches. I find the new redesigned Arturia site seems to have removed that from the new site.

FWIW.. I picked up some Richard Devine and Lily Jordy packs. I like their work.

Well I kind of like a bit of everything, but I'm always looking for stuff that sounds kind of different.  I always like to hear the sounds that make me think "I didn't know you could do that with that synth" because when I get the chance to open them up and dissect them (I've decided that the upgrade to the full collection will be my main splurge next BF) I usually learn something.

Nori U and Richard Devine are designers I appreciate.  I don't normally choose FM synthesis, but I am kind of intrigued by NU's DX7 sounds from the rare cartridges.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Nori U and Richard Devine are designers I appreciate.  I don't normally choose FM synthesis, but I am kind of intrigued by NU's DX7 sounds from the rare cartridges.

My thoughts exactly! :)

Nori is amazing, and I have all of his banks for SynthMaster 2. Need to get me some more of the Arturia banks by Nori!

In addition to Richard's Devine's work with Arturia for the Matrix-12 V, I also have several brands of synths with his presets included, including AIR Loom II, AAS Chromaphone packs [Epicycles, Microsound Textures], Tracktion Biotek 2, and Waves Flow Motion.

I probably need to pick up Richard Devine's Signature banks for the Arturia  DX-7 and Buchla Easel.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I contacted support and they added an NFR copy of Labs 4 to my account. 

...but...  you must have had Labs 4 to get that message, yes?  Or if you didn't have Labs 4, why would you want Labs 4 if you have Labs 5? 🤔

Edited by mibby

38 minutes ago, mibby said:

Or if you didn't have Labs 4, why would you want Labs 4 if you have Labs 5? 🤔

Maybe preset compatibility with legacy presets, as shown in the pic above?

I got the same message with some presets in the Vangelis bank, but not all. It's real and the affected presets do not sound right in AL V.

For example, when I open Blade Runner Blues or Blade Runner Strings in AL 4, they sound much better!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mibby said:

It's too bad they didn't make the new Presets backward compatible. 

Agreed. As it is, if I get motivated, I will try to copy over the preset FX parameters from the AL 4 version into the AL5 presets manually, and then save them in AL V so that I will not have to open AL 4 unnecessarily.

I'm lucky to still have AL 4 installed, and Doug is also lucky they gave him a copy. But both versions are covered by the same license serial, so that makes sense to me.

• Like 1