Arturia Producer Days

cclarry

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

I like the Tributes. 
Note that Patchworks (700 presets) came with the V Collection upgrade and probably still will. 

This ^^^^

Assuming you have the freebies, I also have and like Synthwave 2085 and Synthopedia.

I'm looking at getting some more Synthwave and Ambient packs this time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olong Johnson said:

The Floyd 1 & 2 Tributes are exceptional. These are the best Floyd emulations I have ever heard.

Yes. I'm thinking about getting some of the Tributes, including Floyd, Toto, etc. Didn't really realize these were out there, even though I have had the Arturia suite for years...guess I was under-utilizing it.

12 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Does anyone have any of the sound packs?  I'd be curious to know which ones are worth getting.

yup. i have a bunch. it all depends what sort of sounds you are into and what you use.

note: if you have AL V, you can go to the store in there and demo them and get more info on who the sound designers are and what VIs they are using for the patches. I find the new redesigned Arturia site seems to have removed that from the new site.

FWIW.. I picked up some Richard Devine and Lily Jordy packs. I like their work.

Edited by telecode 101

4 hours ago, Olong Johnson said:

The Floyd 1 & 2 Tributes are exceptional. These are the best Floyd emulations I have ever heard.

Floyd Tribute 1 and 2 are really good - I even used these patches whan I played on a PF cover band. Paul Schilling also did the Toto tribute package, that is really good too.

Michael Jackson tribute is good too - Dave Polich, who did the package was the sound designer on the MJ History Tour.

It's kinda of a shame that the new site doens't show the sound designers names as I think that obviously some are better than others. Dave Polich,  Paul Schiilling and Nori Ubukata are the best, IMHO.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

+1 for the Floyd Tribute Bank (for Modular and Solina), Floyd Tribute Bank II (for B-3, Mini, Solina, & Synthi) and the Synthwave 2085 (for Pigments).

Added today: Air Tribute, JMJ Tribute, Tangerine Tribute, Tears Tribute, Vangelis Tribute, & Vangelis Tribute II.

$25.94 total.

Don't forget that you install sound banks from Analog Lab, and not the Arturia Software Manager. Click on the store link in the left pane, and then check "Owned" on the store page in Analog Lab. You will see a download icon on the sound bank image for those that that you have not installed yet. Just click on that icon to download it! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Any idea how the tribute banks compare to the SynthMaster ones? Some of the same sound designers did both.

I noticed that a few were done by Nori for both companies. I doubt they are the same, but some are probably close. I have the SynthMaster Everything bundle.

My preference would still be to get them from Arturia anyway, since I have the full V Collection. It would be cool to see how he set up the actual controls on a model of the original synth front panel vs. with how it is done in SynthMaster with waveform samples in the oscillator and generic SynthMaster controls for filter, LFO, mod matrix, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Added today: Air Tribute, JMJ Tribute, Tangerine Tribute, Tears Tribute, Vangelis Tribute, & Vangelis Tribute II.

$25.94 total.

Great choice! I had some of those already (great minds etc) but added Vangelis II, Kavinsky, MJ, Strawberry Fields and Stardust (David Bowie by Nori U). 

+100 for the Floyd Tributes and JMJ.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Great choice! I had some of those already (great minds etc) but added Vangelis II, Kavinsky, MJ, Strawberry Fields and Stardust (David Bowie by Nori U). 

+100 for the Floyd Tributes and JMJ.

I'm saving Kavinsky, Strawberry Fields, and Stardust for the next round!

I think that Floyd, JMJ, Tangerine Dream, and Vangelis had the overall biggest influence on my early interest in electronic music. :)

However my initial interest in synths was sparked by the first time I ever heard "Switched-On Bach" performed on a Moog synth by Wendy (Walter) Carlos.  I was hooked forever!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm saving Kavinsky, Strawberry Fields, and Stardust for the next round!

I think that Floyd, JMJ, Tangerine Dream, and Vangelis had the overall biggest influence on my early interest in electronic music. :)

However my initial interest in synths was sparked by the first time I ever heard "Switched-On Bach" performed on a Moog synth by Wendy (Walter) Carlos.  I was hooked forever!

My story for my early interest in electronic music echoes yours almost completely. I would also add Larry Fast/Synergy and the Windham Hill release Soul of the Machine. And of course, Manheim Steamroller.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I got the Genesis, Toto and Vangelis 1 banks. I like them. I like the Genesis the most for personal reasons. I am a big prog rock geek.

Great stuff and some of my favourites. I'm making an abacab cover ( of the song not the legend ;) ) using the Genesis bank.

9 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Of the other ones I have, I really like XTGrain and Aphex ambient. They get used the most. Try the demos.

Thanks, I will check those out. Looking for more ambient presets.

• Like 1