Help activating IK TEAC 3340s plug-in

tjbrown527

Hello!

New to Cakewalk. The last DAW I used was ProAudio 9 many years ago.
I have purchased and added (supposedly) IK Multimedia's TEAC 3340s plug-in. However, I have not been able to find it in the plugin section. I *did* use the IK product manager to install it.  

I see no references to a TEAC tape deck.

Am I overlooking something?

Thank you.

Try the show excluded 

Edit. I didn’t look at the picture because I’m on my phone. So ignore my first answer. 

But the plug in should be there now did you look in all the folders? Often new plug ins end up in the uncatagorized folder 

Edited by John Vere

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Try the show excluded 

Edit. I didn’t look at the picture because I’m on my phone. So ignore my first answer. 

But the plug in should be there now did you look in all the folders? Often new plug ins end up in the uncatagorized folder 

It's *included*. And the 3340 file is in the above mentioned vst3 folder:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 121147.png

4 hours ago, tjbrown527 said:

. . . I have not been able to find it in the plugin section. I *did* use the IK product manager to install it. 

Did you try inserting it as an Audio FX on an Audio Track by right clicking in the FX Bin and looking in the IK Multimedia > Folder list?

Edited by User 905133
to add a quote from the OP because "in the plugin section" is a bit vague

Here is an image of my plug-in browser layout menu

bgePyq9.png

It is accessed by clicking the triangle in the plugins tab.

The 3 "Sort by" layouts are built on the fly using enabled plug-ins shown in plug-in manager.

The "Sort by" layouts for effects show all DX, VST2 and VST3 effect plug-ins.

The "Sort by" layouts for synths show all the DX, VST2 and VST3 synth plug-ins.

Custom layouts show only what the user adds to the layout. Do not mix effects and synths in the same custom layout.

When using "Sort by Catetory" some plug-ins may appear in unexpected categories or in the Uncategorized folder. Using the search feature in the browser may help locate these plug-ins.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:34 PM, scook said:

Here is an image of my plug-in browser layout menu

bgePyq9.png

It is accessed by clicking the triangle in the plugins tab.

The 3 "Sort by" layouts are built on the fly using enabled plug-ins shown in plug-in manager.

The "Sort by" layouts for effects show all DX, VST2 and VST3 effect plug-ins.

The "Sort by" layouts for synths show all the DX, VST2 and VST3 synth plug-ins.

Custom layouts show only what the user adds to the layout. Do not mix effects and synths in the same custom layout.

When using "Sort by Catetory" some plug-ins may appear in unexpected categories or in the Uncategorized folder. Using the search feature in the browser may help locate these plug-ins.

Ah! Ok. Ok. I clicked the plugins tab and found it in the list. I clicked the entry for the 3340s, but it's not appearing. 

1 hour ago, tjbrown527 said:

Ah! Ok. Ok. I clicked the plugins tab and found it in the list. I clicked the entry for the 3340s, but it's not appearing. 

To add plug-ins into the FX rack or ProChannel from plug-in browser, use drag and drop.