OTS Django Jazz

cclarry

We're excited to announce our latest release, Evolution Django Jazz. The sample library was recorded using a replica of Django Reinhardt's own Selmer 503 acoustic guitar. The guitar was built by a master luthier to the exact specifications of the original instrument, including details like the zero fret and unique four brace construction, all of which play a role in recreating Django's unmistakable, legendary tone.

As part of our Evolution series, the sample library is outfitted with a built-in effects suite, flexible articulation mapping system, and a strumming pattern editor. If you've used any other Evolution libraries, you'll already be familiar with the interface and workflow.

Evolution Django Jazz is normally $179 USD, but until February 15th you can pick up your copy at an introductory discount of $139.

Use the link below to watch the walkthrough video and listen to audio demos.

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/products/evolution-django-jazz

• Like 2

Anyone looking for a Django style "gypsy jazz guitar" (unfortunately, the term "gypsy" can be a disparaging term used for the Romani people, so I don't want to use it without mentioning that fact -- after all, I know this was made with love in honor of the guitar great)  this nails it.

I absolutely love jazz, but I mainly write and record rock and folk rock music, but use a wide range of instrument libraries not typically thought of as rock instruments. Consequently, my plans are to use this in rock and folk rock songs. At around 7:21  and 8:00 in the video there are some strums where the tone, I think, would sound killer in a rock and folk rock context and I'm eager to use them.  I'm curious how many of us plan on using it the library in jazz contexts and how many of us plan on using it in other genres like rock, pop, hip hop, etc.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

At around 7:21  and 8:00 in the video there are some strums where the tone, I think, would sound killer in a rock and folk rock context and I'm eager to use them.  I'm curious how many of us plan on using it the library in jazz contexts and how many of us plan on using it in other genres like rock, pop, hip hop, etc.

Actually, since you mention it, I used the library for the acoustic guitar strumming that's panned toward the right side in this demo for Evolution Vintage Gent: https://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/Gnashville.mp3

• Like 2

@Greg Schlaepfer, as a musician you play multiple genres, are their certain genre contexts outside of the obvious one -- jazz -- where you could imagine using this?

For instance. those strums at 7:21 and 8:00  totally sounded like something I would like something I would love to use in rock. I realize this is only going to make it look like I'm obsessed with The Beatles, which isn't really in accurate, but I immediately thought, "That would work perfectly on a cover of 'Happiness is a Warm Gun,' ' during the first section for some reason -- I think it was a combination of the chord progression and the tone -- even though the Beatles' song doesn't even use an acoustic guitar.  So, if I ever do that cover, you know what inspired it! But those strums really got to me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1