Tranquility

bjornpdx

You turned the shimmer knob up to 11! Really, really nice. Thankfully I listened on headphones.

I'm not sure if you could somehow make it better by balancing the piece with more, or stronger, bass elements. Seems like most everything is a wonderful shimmering salad up above 1khz. Would some tasteful croutons of tympany or taiko mess things up? Just a thought . . .

Hoping there is a video planned?

Good one, Bjorn!

-Tom

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I had to listen to this several times to let this soak in before I commented.  The name is perfect for this piece.  This is one of the most relaxing and therapeutic songs that I've heard in a while.  Your choice of sounds and arrangement are very good and make me want to come back for more.  Kudos!

• Like 1

LadyFT -  Thanks for the pause suggestion. Kind of wish I'd thought of that before posting the song.
Martins -  thank you
Lynn -  glad you liked it. Sometimes I wish I had fewer choices of sounds to pick from. Gets overwhelming at times.
John B - Vangelis is known more for the Blade Runner soundtrack. I have a Vangelis tribute library which sounds too much like his work unless you mess with the filters and such.

msmcleod - yep.

• Like 1

As I listen to this I though Bjorn has been playing with his Vangelis tribute pack, this is nice Bjorn very chilled, sweetly relaxing (more please).  If I was to make one minor change perhaps a nice deep bass now and then just to balance that sparkly shimmering top end.

Nice job all round on this Bjorn loved it. :)