Cakewalk by BandLab Wikipedia article now live

Starship Krupa

58 minutes ago, scook said:

Looks good

BTW, there are two different installers on the official Cakewalk website

Ah, thanks Steve. I couldn't remember where to find the web installer. I only put that section on licensing in there because it's been a topic for so much discussion.

I had to make a case with TPTB at Wikipedia not to get the article speed deleted when I published it. Now that it's there I (and others, of course, anyone can edit Wikipedia articles) can touch it up at leisure. The hard part is done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starship Krupa said:

I couldn't remember where to find the web installer.

It was early access only until a few days ago.

Noel posted when it went official

The documentation still needs updating.

When it comes to activation Noel's FAQ might be a useful link

• Great Idea 1

Licensing section has now been updated to include references to the web installer.

Something I'd like to add is a Cakewalk by BandLab logo, but the BandLab website doesn't have any logos that are specifically designated as licensed for creating other works. Wikipedia are very strict about image licensing, so I had to leave that out for now. You can't just grab a screenshot and put it up there. If anyone has any information or suggestions, let me know.

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Whoo, it's finally there! I've been editing Wikipedia for years but had never created an original article. Quite the learning experience. I also went around to the various lists of audio software and company pages and updated them to link to this article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cakewalk_by_BandLab

Hi Erik,

This is excellent.  Nice job!

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Something I'd like to add is a Cakewalk by BandLab logo, but the BandLab website doesn't have any logos that are specifically designated as licensed for creating other works. 

And the one in the Theme Editor?  I see someone else used to too. 

See below. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cakewalk_(company)

So i guess you can use it too? 🤷🏻‍♂️