[Solved] CbB Tempo extraction via melodyne now hanging at analyzing audio.

bitman

Over the holiday season I upgraded melodyne to assistant (4.2) and updated to the latest CbB and now whenever I drag a track to the timeline it looks like it's going to do the tempo extraction for me but it hangs forever Analyzing Audio. The progress bar never increments or fills and it never comes back.

I can make melodyne region effects ok fine though.

This is my pet feature in Cakewalk too.  Sad Panda. 🐼

Edited by bitman
Mis-spelling

This is a known issue with Melodyne 4.2.  To get around this problem first open the clip as a Melodyne Region FX clip, make sure the algorithm is set properly then try dragging the clip to the timeline.

May have the same issue with audio to MIDI. The same workaround applies.

I believe Celemony will provide the last 4.1 release if you contact support. This version should work as expected.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scook said:

This is a known issue with Melodyne 4.2.  To get around this problem first open the clip as a Melodyne Region FX clip, make sure the algorithm is set properly then try dragging the clip to the timeline.

May have the same issue with audio to MIDI. The same workaround applies.

I believe Celemony will provide the last 4.1 release if you contact support. This version should work as expected.

I’m having the same issue. Scook, “make sure the algorithm is set properly...”. What’s the proper algorithm? Thanks. 

16 hours ago, bitman said:

Thanks scook, that worked.

Wait, who are you exactly, Mr. Know virtually everythingster. 😎

So much of scook's replies in cakewalk threads has helped me on many occasions. I would like to say a heartful thanks.  Thank you Scook. Btw are you in gearsluts? I do find a familiar guy named Scoox there.

Interesting thread. I took advantage of the upgrade offer to move to Studio 4.2 and have encountered the percussive algorithm being selected by default. But as has been mentioned it's no big deal to then select whichever algorithm you want. Generally the ARA integration has worked so well in Cb.  It was a major factor in me ditching Cubase. St----g have only just caught up with ARA.  

I've just upgraded to the latest Melodyne (4.2.1.003), and the hanging issue is still there.

The issue with the default algorithm not being picked up is intermittent. Sometimes it picks it up, sometimes I have to re-select.

The workaround of creating a region fx first, then dragging to a MIDI track works; but if I forget to do this first, just dragging an audio track on to a MIDI track will cause Cakewalk to hang.