Duplicate Track With Automation

When I duplicate a track where I have added automation lanes the automation lanes do not get copied. Also if I have changed the property settings for automation like for example  Write Mode = Overwrite these properties also do not get copied to the duplicated track and revert to defaults. When duplicating the track I have selected properties in the Duplicate Track dialog.

I have looked but can't find any settings relating to this. Does anyone know if there is a setting I am missing that will allow the automation lanes and properties to be duplicated along with the track?

1 hour ago, Alastair Cardwell said:

When I duplicate a track where I have added automation lanes the automation lanes do not get copied. Also if I have changed the property settings for automation like for example  Write Mode = Overwrite these properties also do not get copied to the duplicated track and revert to defaults. When duplicating the track I have selected properties in the Duplicate Track dialog.

I have looked but can't find any settings relating to this. Does anyone know if there is a setting I am missing that will allow the automation lanes and properties to be duplicated along with the track?

Seems to be working fine except for one bug, but I hardly use the last step. I alway use lanes. 

@John T

Thanks that was it. I was working on creating a template so that track was empty and the events option was greyed out. I had added automation lanes to control parameters of the VST and it didn't occur to me that the automation lanes themselves are part of events an not just the automation on the lanes. The workaround is to have a clip on the track so that events check box can be selected when duplicating the track.

@Will_Kaydo

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and create the video.

• Like 1