No Blobs

Improvements in the current Version 4.2.2
Melodyne 4.2.2 brings the following improvements and numerous minor optimizations all of which make your use of Melodyne more enjoyable, reliable and swift. (Starting from Version 4.2.1)

New functions and improvements

Better window management in Studio One 4: Melodyne’s zoom and other window settings now remain constant when you select a new audio region, instead of being displayed with individual settings as previously.

Bug fixes

Fixed: In Cakewalk, under certain circumstances, instead of new files being analysed automatically, you had to select an algorithm manually in order to trigger the detection process.
Fixed: In the stand-alone implementation of Melodyne, closing a project without saving sometimes led to a crash if other projects were open at the time.
Fixed: In Logic, validating the Melodyne plug-in sometimes slowed down the launch of the DAW.
Fixed: In the stand-alone implementation of Melodyne, opening or importing projects under certain circumstances led to a crash.
Fixed: In ARA mode, it could happen under certain circumstances that the monitoring during blob editing no longer functioned after starting and stopping playback.
Fixed: In Cakewalk, selecting a new clip sometimes led to a misalignment of the Melodyne position display.

13 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@HappyRon Hill thanks for reporting back.  I'm still not able to reproduce a case when it won't show blobs. However I am running the beta version they have that hasnt shipped yet. For me irrespective of whether "show track list" is enabled or not it always works as long as "Follow clip selection in DAW" is enabled (as I mentioned above). Once follow clip selection is on clicking on any melodyne clip always shows the data in the editor window.

As you discovered data being shown is controlled by clicking the orange icon in melodyne. That should get auto selected based on clip selection actions in the DAW when "Follow clip selection in DAW" is enabled. 

Are you saying in your case that if you have a single melodyne clip this doesnt work for you? Let me know and I can follow up with Celemony.

Yes the orange icon is NOT auto-selected.

It's a minor issue IF you are aware of having to SHOW TRACK LIST and then manually select it, but some of us were not. 

29 minutes ago, HIBI said:

Improvements in the current Version 4.2.2
Melodyne 4.2.2 brings the following improvements and numerous minor optimizations all of which make your use of Melodyne more enjoyable, reliable and swift. (Starting from Version 4.2.1)

New functions and improvements

Better window management in Studio One 4: Melodyne’s zoom and other window settings now remain constant when you select a new audio region, instead of being displayed with individual settings as previously.

Bug fixes

Fixed: In Cakewalk, under certain circumstances, instead of new files being analysed automatically, you had to select an algorithm manually in order to trigger the detection process.
Fixed: In the stand-alone implementation of Melodyne, closing a project without saving sometimes led to a crash if other projects were open at the time.
Fixed: In Logic, validating the Melodyne plug-in sometimes slowed down the launch of the DAW.
Fixed: In the stand-alone implementation of Melodyne, opening or importing projects under certain circumstances led to a crash.
Fixed: In ARA mode, it could happen under certain circumstances that the monitoring during blob editing no longer functioned after starting and stopping playback.
Fixed: In Cakewalk, selecting a new clip sometimes led to a misalignment of the Melodyne position display.

Yes 4.2.2 is the version with several fixes for Cakewalk. Is this version live now? If so all Melodyne / CbB users should get it since it resolves many stability issues.

Really happy with the new ARA2 integration makes Melodyne and cakewalk working together better, this was one issue why people I know left Cakewalk when it went bust. 

Now if cakewalk could only solve the "not saving settings for plugins" bug I'll be singing it's praises .

On 5/28/2019 at 2:25 PM, HappyRon Hill said:

Really happy with the new ARA2 integration makes Melodyne and cakewalk working together better, this was one issue why people I know left Cakewalk when it went bust. 

Now if cakewalk could only solve the "not saving settings for plugins" bug I'll be singing it's praises .

@HappyRon Hill are you seeing this? So far all evidence of that issue leads to issues in plugins themselves where settings can get lost (potentially due to copy protection). I spent 3 days exploring every possibility when loading and saving projects or even editing or loading presets. There was nothing that CbB does that could lead to a full reset occuring on the plugin that I was able to find. The one case that was reported to us with a repro project had to do with it saved with Waves 9 and when I loaded it in the latest Waves version it loaded perfectly.
If anyone has more data on this we're happy to troubleshoot with them. I've added some defensive code that may detect errors reported from the plugin for the next release in case it helps.

Hmmm...

I just downloaded and installed 4.2.2.... Seeing blobs, but some things are not jiving.

Could these be because I have editor and not studio?

I do not see either the orange icon or the show track list options.... They sound multi-track related.

Though I now see blobs, It is not going directly to the clip I selected and displays the whole track which I then have to fidgit with zooms and scrolling to locate.

I still don't understand the track mode vs. clip mode but when I switch to clip mode I get no blobs...

On 5/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Try turning on the option for clips following selection. I posted a screenshot here.

Back from my travels. Tried to follow your screenshot @Noel Borthwick but I don't have the choice to set clips to follow selection:

Melodyne.jpg.d5a325d31f9921f993695562c306a95c.jpg

• Also, so far this evening, no blobs.
  • Also, I just noticed that a Melodyne region that I thought I had rendered last week is not only still there, but it is the entire track, not just the region I selected originally.
  • Also, I created a short Melodyne region, got no blobs, then discovered that I cannot Remove Region FX - that option is greyed out in the Melodyne menu, as is all the other options except for "Create Region FX.  Undoing back to "start" doesn't get rid of the region, either. Closing without saving and reopening doesn't help - the Melodyne region is still there, with no option to remove it, and no Melodyne editor.
  • I'm running Cakewalk by Bandlab 2019.05 (Build 31) and Melodyne Editor 4.2.1.003, but as I type I am downloading the latest Melodyne update (4.2.2.004).  Since I have to restart my computer to complete the installation, I'll post this, restart, see if there's any improvement, and report back - right away, I hope.

Continuing from previous post:

Installed the new version of Melodyne (4.2.2.004), opened the same project, and voila! - I have blobs. I tried a short region and a long region, and blobs appeared in the Melodyne editor, although I had to chase around a little to find them as they did not appear in the visible portion of the editor on my screen. I still don't have the option you show in your screenshot @Noel Borthwick, but at least the plugin now seems to be usable. This project was always just a test project. I'll have to use Melodyne on something bigger to be sure it's really working, but for now I'm happy -- except for not really knowing why it's working now and not before, or why I don't have the same Options menu as Noel.

Noel is using Melodyne Studio. It is very likely Editor does not have all the options available in the multi-track version. I bought Studio when Melodyne 4 was released so I have no idea what the menus look like in Editor.

24 minutes ago, scook said:

Noel is using Melodyne Studio. It is very likely Editor does not have all the options available in the multi-track version. I bought Studio when Melodyne 4 was released so I have no idea what the menus look like in Editor.

My bad. I thought it might be something like that, and I should have been more clear. Thanks!

Edited by Larry Jones

Yes please list the version of Melodyne in all reports since they have different feature sets. The follow clips option is apparently not available in essential but I think its partly baked in for the latest release. As I mentioned earlier the latest Melodyne release has many bug fixes so I'm not surprised that it works correctly now. 
Let us know if you see any further problems.

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

...please list the version of Melodyne in all reports since they have different feature sets.

5 hours ago, Keni said:

I have editor and it doesn't have the follow clips option. 4.2.2

Same here. I would note, however, that I did list my version of Melodyne in my original post as well as in this follow-up comment.