Publish audio to YouTube not available anymore?

Krizz

Question

Hi, I was trying to use the feature to publish  audio to YouTube as I have read in the manual (page 337, see also below).  But I don't seem to have the the option to select 'YouTube Publish' in step 4.  Is this feature not available anymore? 
(I noticed that the Windows Registry key [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CakewalkExtAudioEncoders\] is empty but i guess that's for a reason?)

Uploading your songs to YouTube
You can publish audio and video directly to YouTube from within Cakewalk.
You must have an existing YouTube account before you can use this feature. If you do not already have a YouTube account, you can
To publish audio to YouTube
1. Open the Cakewalk project you want to publish to YouTube.
2. Go to File > Export > Audio.
3. Under Filename and Location, enter a filename and select a destination folder.
4. Under Format, click File Type and select YouTube Publish.
5. Click Export.
Cakewalk YouTube Publisher opens. If you are not already signed in to your Google account, you will first be taken to the Google
Account page to sign in or create an account.
6. Enter the required settings in Cakewalk YouTube Publisher (see “Cakewalk YouTube Publisher interface” on page 337), then
click Upload.

Thanks!

Chris

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Krizz said:

Hi, I was trying to use the feature to publish  audio to YouTube as I have read in the manual (page 337, see also below).  But I don't seem to have the the option to select 'YouTube Publish' in step 4.  Is this feature not available anymore? 
(I noticed that the Windows Registry key [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CakewalkExtAudioEncoders\] is empty but i guess that's for a reason?)

Uploading your songs to YouTube
You can publish audio and video directly to YouTube from within Cakewalk.
You must have an existing YouTube account before you can use this feature. If you do not already have a YouTube account, you can
To publish audio to YouTube
1. Open the Cakewalk project you want to publish to YouTube.
2. Go to File > Export > Audio.
3. Under Filename and Location, enter a filename and select a destination folder.
4. Under Format, click File Type and select YouTube Publish.
5. Click Export.
Cakewalk YouTube Publisher opens. If you are not already signed in to your Google account, you will first be taken to the Google
Account page to sign in or create an account.
6. Enter the required settings in Cakewalk YouTube Publisher (see “Cakewalk YouTube Publisher interface” on page 337), then
click Upload.

Thanks!

Chris

You can't publish to youtube without an Artwork. It's the requirements of youtube and not Cakewalk. That being said, this is all that's available now and that is to create the video only. 

To open the Video Window in Cakewalk just press the "V" key on the keyboard. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

Hi John, thanks for your feedback. This makes perfect sense. But the Cakewalk manual describes 'audio' publishing with a static pic as video. Apparently Cakewalk is (or used to be) able to generate a mp4 file. In old forum messages I read that this was possible. There is a separate description for 'video' publishing. But thanks again, I hope Bandlab staff can confirm that this feature is not active anymore.

Thanks for your feedback too Will. I am aware of the video feature, but the Cakewalk manual (pdf) describes an audio upload feature as well (a video with a static pic). I think this feature is not supported anymore. Most likely because of Google/YouTube security reasons. When I added the 'YouTube publish' for Cakewalk by adding the registry key I was able to select the option but in the publish process  I received a message from Google that access was blocked. So I will just forget about it:)

10 minutes ago, Krizz said:

Thanks for your feedback too Will. I am aware of the video feature, but the Cakewalk manual (pdf) describes an audio upload feature as well (a video with a static pic). I think this feature is not supported anymore. Most likely because of Google/YouTube security reasons. When I added the 'YouTube publish' for Cakewalk by adding the registry key I was able to select the option but in the publish process  I received a message from Google that access was blocked. So I will just forget about it:)

Yeah. I remember with Sonar I used to publish through the DAW. Bummer though. 

I just stumbled into this issue --

Unable to see the You Tube Publish menu under the File->Export->Audio->Format.   
Now I know, from this thread, that this is no longer available, though described in the manual.   
But, not before spending some time navigating through various menus to diagnose what setup step I had missed, and decided to check in the forum.

if there are many such instances,  I am just guessing there may be more..
It may be good to consider releasing an Updated Version of Just the Ref Guide with such sections with a watermark [or some such indicator] Not Available.  

Just a suggestion..

Edited by Sridhar Raghavan
typo
  • Great Idea 1