Speaking of G.A.S.

kennywtelejazz

16 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

When To Buy

When To Sell

Don't be silly.

Yes ! :P it seems that approach also rings true for me .

15 hours ago, jesse g said:

My Piggy Bank fears Larry,

When he post about a new deals my little piggy starts to cry,  but even worse, my wife start to call the lawyer!!  😭

At least you got a wife . I can't even get a date. My wallet is not half the man he used to be after jumping all in during my last deals thread .

HG4acHq.png

Thankfully my wallet survived to tell the tale . Here he is leaving The Hospital .

bG5sheJ.png

13 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

My piggy banks have long been given up... I could never keep one even a week... 

After all these years of trying to practice self control  I am finally having my shot at actually becoming a self made hundred-aire .

13 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

I love this guy's channel.

+1 👍👍

13 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

3K5yTTB.jpg

🤣

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

During  an average 24 hour day I think a lot about the gear I want to get more than I think about playing the gear I already have . It's insidious man 🤨

YES ! I want to live long ,  prosper , and be super creative and all but the truth is I feel more like an old Gray Rodent on a hamster wheel going through the motions of  trying to play catch up with an impossible acquisition  standard that is way above my current pay grade  .  Over time , It seems as if I willingly consented to letting all the opinions posted on music forums and the music gear company web sites  brainwash my gluteus maximus into feeling that I'm less than others if I can't keep up with all the online buying activities of the Smith's and the Jones's ...

How on Earth did I let this happen too me ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

During  an average 24 hour day I think a lot about the gear I want to get more than I think about playing the gear I already have . It's insidious man 🤨

YES ! I want to live long ,  prosper , and be super creative and all but the truth is I feel more like an old Gray Rodent on a hamster wheel going through the motions of  trying to play catch up with an impossible acquisition  standard that is way above my current pay grade  .  Over time , It seems as if I willingly consented to letting all the opinions posted on music forums and the music gear company web sites  brainwash my gluteus maximus into feeling that I'm less than others if I can't keep up with all the online buying activities of the Smith's and the Jones's ...

Kenny

The Smiths and the Joneses can't play guitar half as well as you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

YES ! I want to live long ,  prosper , and be super creative and all but the truth is I feel more like an old Gray Rodent on a hamster wheel going through the motions of  trying to play catch up with an impossible acquisition  standard that is way above my current pay grade  .

My wife put a stop to that real quick. In going on 24 years together I've only had 2 PC's, 2 VST's (Ozone and Melda, the rest free or came with Sonar), and Studio One. (Edit: I forgot ... I bought a few Nomad Factory plugins years ago when they were asking for help paying for the owners medical bills.) I did get 2 new audio interfaces because my old ones died. 1 new acoustic, 1 used electric, 1 bass, 1 new mic, 2 pieces of inexpensive ART gear. I used the PC monitor I came out here with for many many years until it completely died. Got the cheapest one I could find at the time and it died. Got another one about 13 years ago and it's starting to die. I've been using TV's as monitors now because they are more bang for your buck. The rest I came out here with almost 24 years ago. Not a whole hell of a lot over 24 years is it?

It's to the point where when I do need something or even think about wanting something I get sick to my stomach and just shut it right out unless it's something I truly need to keep recording. I'm actually shocked that she's been so decent about me wanting to upgrade due to the impending Windows 11 forced upgrade.

11 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I wake up every morning and ask myself the same thing. Believe me, it could be far far worse man. LOL.

Edited by Shane_B.

9 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

My wife put a stop to that real quick. In going on 24 years together I've only had 2 PC's, 2 VST's (Ozone and Melda, the rest free or came with Sonar), and Studio One. (Edit: I forgot ... I bought a few Nomad Factory plugins years ago when they were asking for help paying for the owners medical bills.) I did get 2 new audio interfaces because my old ones died. 1 new acoustic, 1 used electric, 1 bass, 1 new mic, 2 pieces of inexpensive ART gear. I used the PC monitor I came out here with for many many years until it completely died. Got the cheapest one I could find at the time and it died. Got another one about 13 years ago and it's starting to die. I've been using TV's as monitors now because they are more bang for your buck. The rest I came out here with almost 24 years ago. Not a whole hell of a lot over 24 years is it?

How many pairs of trousers has she bought in that time ?  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

The Smiths and the Joneses can't play guitar half as well as you.

Thank you for the kind word ! I appreciate it.

16 hours ago, craigb said:

Around our neighborhood you need to be more acquainted with the Smith & Wesson's....

In thought it was just around here ,. Now it's everywhere ....

On 2/3/2022 at 2:49 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

YES ! I want to live long ,  prosper , and be super creative and all but the truth is I feel more like an old Gray Rodent on a hamster wheel going through the motions of  trying to play catch up with an impossible acquisition  standard that is way above my current pay grade  . 

13 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

My wife put a stop to that real quick. In going on 24 years together

From what I have seen around here with your posts and some of your pictures ,  I think you and I live totally different life's ...

On 2/3/2022 at 2:49 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

13 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I wake up every morning and ask myself the same thing. Believe me, it could be far far worse man. LOL.

There are some great things about what's going on . I made my choices , I live with them  , I can put one foot in front of the other . I'm also free to made other choices. 

Nice talking with you .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

7 hours ago, paulo said:

I don't even ask. I can say though she's as frugal with herself as she is with me.

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Living is pretty cheap in the midwest unless you want to be right in the heart of the cities. I'm quite a ways away from KC.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

Living is pretty cheap in the midwest unless you want to be right in the heart of the cities. I'm quite a ways away from KC.

My wife's cousin and family live in Wichita KS and they have a really nice size house for less then half the cost of us in in Suburbs of Chicago.   They tried to move back around Chicagoland to be by ailing parents several years ago but the COL here turned them away. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 3:49 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

Kenny

It's not unusual in other areas.   You should see how crazy it can be for golfers.  They even market that a certain set of golf balls will improve your game.  I've even been there with fishing rods, lures, and lines.   I also think it is hereditary.  My grandpa's basement was full of John Deere collectables. People do the same thing with tools for the kitchen.

Even if we stop buying plugins our hoarding moves to a different area.  I've got a zillion presets and a back log of tutorials.  I think it is starting to sink in I will most likely die before I make good use of everything.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul Young said:

It's not unusual in other areas.   You should see how crazy it can be for golfers.  They even market that a certain set of golf balls will improve your game.  I've even been there with fishing rods, lures, and lines.   I also think it is hereditary.  My grandpa's basement was full of John Deere collectables. People do the same thing with tools for the kitchen.

Even if we stop buying plugins our hoarding moves to a different area.  I've got a zillion presets and a back log of tutorials.  I think it is starting to sink in I will most likely die before I make good use of everything.

Sure in the past a  couple of my non musical hobby's  involved motorcycles , high end bicycles  , Martial arts and a few other things I won't mention .

Yeah I forgot about some of the things you mentioned  .

thanks for sharing .

Hey Craig is this one of your current or former guitars ?

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/d/vancouver-gorgeous-and-playable/7429278465.html

16 hours ago, Bapu said:

I don't need any more basses or guitars.

Until I do.

Wait until you decide you want to have multiple guitars and bass's in groups of the same model with the only main difference being the color of the guitar/ bass or the pick ups and electronics .

You can believe me when I tell you this is something I do and still know well 😉

7 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Since when has need been a criteria 😛

😁

Need has never been a "criteria"  for me . I have always treated all my  musical instrument purchases as personal rewards  .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz