Ben Osterhouse Pathfinder Cello

cclarry

I does sound very nice.

Make sure you read the requirements:

Kontakt Player 6.6.1 and above

• Windows 10 (not Windows 11)

• Mac 10.14 and above (High Sierra not supported)

• Note: This library will take a substantial chunk of CPU and memory. It is recommended that you have at least 8GB memory.

Edited by Barrie

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

There’s one thing holding me back: Ben Osterhouse’s dealings with Native Instruments. Are they going to include this into KUCE 14? ‘Cause I know I will get that when it launches in a few months. 

Based on the past, I don't think so. 

I've been watching this carefully for a long time and I've never seen a single library go into Komplete that wasn't originally released by NI.   If it's not on the front page of the NI site when it comes out...

But if it is on that page, there is 100% chance that it will be in one of the versions of Komplete 14.

Of course, who knows about the future?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Barrie said:

Make sure you read the requirements:

Kontakt Player 6.6.1 and above

• Windows 10 (not Windows 11)

I think that means it will work on either Windows 10 (i.e. the oldest currently supported version of Windows), or Windows 11. As it's a Kontakt instrument, I would have expected it to work wherever Kontakt runs.

I installed this last night and wrote some music with it immediately. 

I still have work to do on it--including making a video--but it will be my next piece.

So I guess I would call this inspiring.  I do think that everybody is going to use it and we are going to recognize the presets for years to come in TV and movie scores.  Spitfire is an awesome company, but they haven't come up with a concept as exciting as this in a long time.  

I also got a kick out of searching in NKS for 'O."  Osterhouse Sounds.  😄   Is there a more imaginative developer working today?   And he's so young.  There's a lot to come. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Foxall said:

I've started tinkering with it - I could definitely use a good tutorial video...

Ben's videos were all I needed.  But I'm sure there will be numerous ones coming.   I expect there will be something from our own @Simeon Amburgey

But it really is a library where you can just load a preset and play.  He's set it all up for you. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Ben's videos were all I needed.  But I'm sure there will be numerous ones coming.   I expect there will be something from our own @Simeon Amburgey

But it really is a library where you can just load a preset and play.  He's set it all up for you. 

He really did a great job with this.
It is so exciting to see how he continues to grow and come up with these fantastic ideas and applications.

• Like 1