Cakewalk hanging on startup

Jellybeantiger

I have a new problem now.

My sustain pedal isn't working.

It is on Reaper.

Could be AZslow's ACT script for the Novation Impulse.

I deleted it but still no sustain pedal.

Gees ,DAWS drive me nuts.

P.S. My Emu 1212m works great on Windows 11 as well.

Also Cakewalk leaves a keyboard icon in the bottom right tray that you have to remove via Task manager after you close down Cakewalk,is that right?

Edited by Jellybeantiger

40 minutes ago, Jellybeantiger said:

Also Cakewalk leaves a keyboard icon in the bottom right tray that you have to remove via Task manager after you close down Cakewalk,is that right?

Nope. That's supposed to go away. If it stays there, that means that Cakewalk didn't completely shut down. Often that happens when CW crashes.

I hate to break this to you, but E-mu systems is long out of business. The last official driver for that card was for Vista, although a beta driver for W7 was released. That it works at all is pure luck.

It is well past time to move on.

Edited by bdickens

8 minutes ago, bdickens said:

Nope. That's supposed to go away. If it stays there, that means that Cakewalk didn't completely shut down.

Yes,there is a Cakewalk midi indicator that stays in the bottom right tray after I close down Cakewalk.

I open up Task manager and see there is Cakewalk Application listed ,I end that with "End Task" ,then i can start Cakewalk again without issues.

I fixed the sustain pedal issue but also fixed the sustain pedal issue with AZslow's script with ACT.

I just reset my Novation Impulse,updated the firmware using Midi OX and then reloaded the Act Script.

Patchmix DSP works?  Which drivers are you using? Also, which versions of the PCI Cards are you using? My 1820/1820m version of the main card used to work under Windows 10 with a 1212m daughter board, but after a Win 10 Update a couple of years ago, Patchmix DSP no longer worked.  (Might have been one of the 18xx or 19xx updates.) I tried the hacks in the massive KVR thread without success.  I would love to have it working again!!!  So, any details that might help would be appreciated.