Computer Music #304 February 2022 - Free Synths: u-he Zebra CM, Fathom CM2

abacab

Nooooo not another pinned message :)

Actually no codes shared so that’s good.  About to go on a tangent but that pinned message bugs me.  Makes it seem like we’ve been trading warez.  If it said please don’t share magazine codes it’s one thing.  I think we pride ourselves in posting good deals we find and want to share with fellow musicians and I feel like it undermines all the effort and particularly what Larry’s does for everyone.  Okay off my soapbox. 

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Actually no codes shared so that’s good.  About to go on a tangent but that pinned message bugs me.  Makes it seem like we’ve been trading warez.  If it said please don’t share magazine codes it’s one thing.  I think we pride ourselves in posting good deals we find and want to share with fellow musicians and I feel like it undermines all the effort and particularly what Larry’s does for everyone.  Okay off my soapbox. 

Yeah that pinned message should be gone by now, don’t you think @Wookiee

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, kevin H said:

Being a Beat subscriber, I agreed that it’s not right to share codes available to paying subscribers.

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Being a Beat subscriber, I agreed that it’s not right to share codes available to paying subscribers.

I agree and made sense to lock / delete the thread / remind regulars.  My issue is with permanent pinned message describing it as pirated sw trade.  Makes it seem like it was a regular severe issue that “management” had to step in and deal with.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevin H said:

I agree and made sense to lock / delete the thread / remind regulars.  My issue is with permanent pinned message describing it as pirated sw trade.  Makes it seem like it was a regular severe issue that “management” had to step in and deal with.  

I'm OK with the pinned message. Keeps the kiddies in line... :)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

I'm OK with the pinned message. Keeps the kiddies in line... :)

I just hope it’s not a trend like pin 2 - “stop bashing WUP”, pin 3- “No bad jokes allowed”, pin 4- “no developer bashing in comments”, pin 5-“no politics”, etc.  I understand the intent but maybe a pin that links to forum rules is better? Anyway, said my peace, will live with the pin, won’t mention it again, and will finish my song about being stung by a pin hahaha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dee said:

thats old one CM304 there is CM305 already

I have 304 and 305, Feb and Mar. And nobody bothered to post here that Zebra CM was available in 304. So there ya are. You are welcome!

P.S. it's still January according to the calendar... 😉

Edited by abacab

On 1/29/2022 at 8:24 PM, Fleer said:

Ended my CM sub (through Zinio) after six years. Used to skim and skip each issue for a few minutes at less than a dollar. But hey, I’m free now. Who can say that. 

I need to constantly check their site to make sure auto renew is turned off.  I'm stuck with it for another year.