Nostalgia on Humble Bundle .. Remember MYST

aidan o driscoll

myst-cd-front.jpg

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/myst-more-bundle

Discover timeless classics and modern wonders in this bundle of games from the legendary Myst series—plus even more adventure games that will challenge your mind and take your breath away.

Return to where it all began (and experience it in a whole new way) in realMyst: Masterpiece Edition. Delve further into the series’ rich fiction and brain-bending puzzles in sequels like Myst III: Exile. Venture to a wholly different alien world in Obduction, an original sci-fi adventure from the creators of Myst. Own a collection of games for the Ages, and support Active Minds with your purchase!

€9 for the lot

Loved that game series, still have some on orig CD and box set

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 6

Just now, Brian Walton said:

I got a couple of these when they were on sale on GOG...so DRM free.

Would like to grab the recent Myst Remake when it eventually hits real sale discounts.

Certainly don't have the time to actually play them though.  

Yes. I was hoping this bundle included the remake. Sadly, it doesn't. 

I got most of these at GOG, except the 2021 Myst remake. Still waiting for a price drop on that one. That's just a $10 off coupon for it in the Humble Bundle, that costs $10.

This bundle is a great deal if you don't have Obduction yet. That is my favorite recent game, which I got about 4 years ago. Awesome! So for $10, you can get Obduction, plus a $10 coupon off Myst 2021 at the Humble Store (delivered via Steam only).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, abacab said:

I got most of these at GOG, except the 2021 Myst remake. Still waiting for a price drop on that one. That's just a $10 off coupon for it in the Humble Bundle, that costs $10.

This bundle is a great deal if you don't have Obduction yet. That is my favorite recent game, which I got about 4 years ago. Awesome! So for $10, you can get Obduction, plus a $10 coupon off Myst 2021 at the Humble Store (delivered via Steam only).

I have all the Myst games except the remake on GOG too. I just finished Obduction last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I borrowed a friends HTC Vive to try VR but the 3D experience did not really do it for me. For some reason, I much preferred viewing the Obduction world through my 2D monitor.

9 minutes ago, locrian said:

Can you download all these games or do they come on a DVD?

Also, do they all run properly under Windows 10?

You can check the system requirements for each game on their website, but usually, older games are supposed to work on Windows 10. And it’s online download, not on DVD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, locrian said:

Can you download all these games or do they come on a DVD?

Also, do they all run properly under Windows 10?

The games are download only. You get the code from Humble and they are delivered by the online gaming services, such as Steam and others, when you register them to your Steam, etc. account online.

Each game should have requirements listed, such as Windows version.  The newer games should be ok, but the older Myst and Riven games might have issues with Windows 10. At least they did when I tried them a few years ago. Good thing I still keep a Windows 7 PC around for such things! :)

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 7:01 PM, Paul Young said:

My gaming collection is as bad as my VST collection.  I have plenty of games not even touched.

In my case it's much worse. I have hundreds of games on Steam that I've never installed. The only things growing faster than my games collection are my wishlist and the shame.