Curare Blues

Lynn Wilson

On 1/31/2022 at 9:04 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Another great track Lynn, I enjoyed it!

Thank you for your encouraging words!  It means a lot.

On 2/1/2022 at 9:04 AM, freddy j said:

Welcome back!  I was wondering what happened to you and you have returned with one hot number that defines cool (am I mixing metaphors?)!  This is one of your best pal!  The idea of matching the toxin from a South American vine to a romantic breakup is definitely on the creative side!!  Your performance is excellent.  That is some doggone nice guitar work as are your vocals.  To these old ears the mix sounded great and I enjoyed the panning.

Listening to this was a real treat!!

Wow!  It's good to be back.  Your comments are very welcome.  Your caught my drift exactly.  I look forward to hearing your new songs!

22 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Good to hear another one from you Lynn. 

I enjoyed the music and mix mastery. Wonderful work on both.

Did you need to make deep EQ cuts to get this kind of space? The L/R mixing on this is phenomenal.

Glad to hear you're back in action with a new computer. Look forward to your future projects.

Tim, thanks for your time and kind words!  You are very perceptive; I did use LP EQ on the master to cut about 3db@250hz.  Plus, I did some of that on individual track, too, to keep the mud as low as possible.  I also use Izotope Imager on the master to subtly widen the mix as needed.  I've always liked a wide, stereo signal.

• Like 1

I'm a little late to the party, so I'll just add my big 👍's up!
That intro is so very, very good; love that bass (bassline and tone) and percussion.

t

one guitarist to another, and very cognizant of the fact that one's tone is so very personal; back off the effects just a bit.
(I am a LP, coil cord, straight into a four input Marshall stack (I didn't jump the channels in those days) kind of guy...)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I'm a little late to the party, so I'll just add my big 👍's up!
That intro is so very, very good; love that bass (bassline and tone) and percussion.

t

one guitarist to another, and very cognizant of the fact that one's tone is so very personal; back off the effects just a bit.
(I am a LP, coil cord, straight into a four input Marshall stack (I didn't jump the channels in those days) kind of guy...)

Hi, Tom, thanks for your time and feedback!  I thought about leaving f/x off the guitar, but in the long run, it was like having vanilla ice cream with or without chocolate.  I used a Melda Phaser for a wah-wah like effect, and borrowing a Jeff Beck technique, just raised it a bit on selected measures for accent.  It could have gone either way, but I do like chocolate ;)

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:52 PM, bjornpdx said:

Gonna put this one on my top 5  Lynn's songs. Wasn't sure how curare would work in a song but you made it happen.
Great orchestration - really like how the guitar and organ play off each other.
-Bjorn

Thank  you, Bjorn!  I had to work fast, as the curare does, too!  I had over 40 years to make the guitar and organ play well together~~~

On 2/11/2022 at 5:21 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Lynn,

Great track, love the organ sound which provides a real bluesy feel to this along with the excellent guitar riffing.

Full of energy and great lyrics.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

best wishes

paul

Thanks a million, Paul!  Best wishes to you, as well.