N.A.D. | Creating Unified Patches | Spitfire Originals

Simeon Amburgey

Recently while learning more about Unify and how I might help others understand it more, I started creating "Unified" patch libraries.
I started with the Spitfire Originals, as they are not that complicated but having a Unified version makes things so much easier to work with inside of Unify.

I am calling this an "Open Beta" where you can download and install the patch libraries to help make sure they are working, and also open it up for you to submit your own user patches that you might come up with. Any user patch to be considered for inclusion in any updated library must use the UNIFY STANDARD LIBRARY, this is to ensure the most compatibility.

You can get a look and download what I have so far from this thread on the Plugin Guru site.
I hope you find this useful and stay tuned for much more ahead.

https://forums.pluginguru.com/postid/12667/ 

Joyfully!
Simeon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Regarding permissions, John presents some detail here, from a discussion I had on the forums when I first started learning how to use Unify. 
I thought it would be helpful to share his thoughts with all of you as well.

I am not sure of a direct "Yes you have our permission" from Spitfire in regard to LABS, but I told Christian (multiple times via email) and even sent him videos of what we were doing for the BBC Symphony Orchestra and while brief in his replies, he has always been supportive and enthusiastic.

As I said, I didn't mention LABS to him because I don't need to, and this was a very out of the blue occurrence when these arrived 8 days ago. Our "UNIFIED" libraries are equivalent to the NKS format from Native Instruments except we're doing it ourselves instead of us telling companies they can create the content and pay a license fee to us in order to do so. There is nothing illegal that I am aware of by freely distributing the factory patches supplied by a retail plug-in in different file format. You still MUST own the actual plug-in, we're only saving the current state of these plug-ins. Otherwise, these companies should all be upset at every DAW manufacturer. We're doing exactly what they do except we let you play the parts in real-time.

Here is the link to the full thread:
https://forums.pluginguru.com/unified-libs/making-unified-patch-libraries/#post-7748

It is also hopeful that at some point there will be more of an "official" declaration from Spitfire concerning this. I would think they are up to their eyeballs working on so many different projects and Unify is probably just a small blip on the radar, a blip that is getting larger by the moment. ;^)

Joyfully!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...