Saving Clips

DallasSteve

Question

I'm thinking about re-using clips that I've created which are labor intensive so I can re-use them in other songs.  There's probably an easy way to do this.  Below is a screenshot of a guitar clip and the Media Library (if that's the correct name).  In particular I have created a finger picking pattern I want to re-use for guitars (there's both a Major and a Minor version).   I am also recording some guitar note bends on my keyboard with the pitch wheel and I want to clean them up and re-use them easily.  There would probably be versions of different bend ranges and durations.

So is there an easy way to add them into the clip library and maybe even create my own folders in the library?

Cakewalk.jpg

4 answers to this question

scook

Thanks for the reply.  I got that to work, but it's a little clunky.  After I found the MIDI Library folder in Windows I was able to add a folder named Guitar (see screenshot below).  Then I dragged a clip and I tried to drop it in the new folder, but it always lands in the parent folder and it gives it a generic name.  I can rename the clip in that window but I can't drag it into the Guitar folder.  I have to go back to Windows Explorer and drag it there.  Is that the way this works or am I missing something?  This is good enough and I tested that I can drag a copy back into my Midi track.

Thanks, Steve

Cakewalk.jpg