Patch Names

Byron Dickens

On 1/27/2022 at 3:32 PM, bdickens said:

Also, for an instrument that has 100 presets, how does one delete  101-127 from the menu?

Master.ins is a text file in "%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core" for bulk changes, I use a text editor

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, bdickens said:

Midi Quest can do what I want. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra $400 laying around.

It looks like it can also address what my next question was going to be and that was switching back and forth between program and combination mode.

I think a lot of people would buy midiquest if it wasn’t so expensive. Including me!

On 1/27/2022 at 4:32 PM, bdickens said:

When creating/ editing an instrument definition, is there a way to get the patch names  automatically without typing them in? 

Also, for an instrument that has 100 presets, how does one delete  101-127 from the menu?

I downloaded a utility for my Yamaha MX 49 from John Melas that created the ID automatically when I ran it and the keyboard was on. Maybe he has more stuff which might help? I don't have the link anymore and he may specialize in Yamahas, but you never know until you try.

• Great Idea 1

• 4 months later...

Switching back and forth between program and combination mode: if it's a Korg, it will transmit a sysex when you push the button. Capture each button into a Cakewalk sysex bank and you can embed them in each track where you need them. Other makes probably do something or other on their MIDI out when you push buttons, so same idea.

• 7 months later...
On 2/20/2022 at 11:22 AM, 57Gregy said:

I downloaded a utility for my Yamaha MX 49 from John Melas that created the ID automatically when I ran it and the keyboard was on. Maybe he has more stuff which might help? I don't have the link anymore and he may specialize in Yamahas, but you never know until you try.

Wow, thanks for the name! A quick google search finds his stuff.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/products.php

• Like 1