Anyone here use two OCTA-CAPTURE devices?

synkrotron

Hiya Peeps,

No hardware sub-forum yet so I thought I'd ask here.

I want to increase my number of inputs.

I could get a new fit for purpose interface but I know that you can link two OCTA-CAPTURE interfaces. I am pretty happy with my OCTA-CAPTURE so I can't see the point in going down a new interface.

Unless, of course, linking is a PITA, in which case I would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, while I am here, I know I could have asked on other forums but over the years I have found the Cakewalk community the most helpful and best to get on with. 

cheers

andy

Hi synkrotron.

I have two Octocaptures. One for my desktop, and one for my laptop. I remember hooking them together once as an experiment and they worked just fine together. It didn’t take too long, but as I said, I only tried it as a test so it’s not something I do on a regular basis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rebel007 said:

Hi synkrotron.

I have two Octocaptures. One for my desktop, and one for my laptop. I remember hooking them together once as an experiment and they worked just fine together. It didn’t take too long, but as I said, I only tried it as a test so it’s not something I do on a regular basis.

Thanks for that :)

I am waiting patiently for my package to arrive... Due in the next couple of hours.

In the meantime I've been digging through my extensive supply of cables and seeing what I can do to improve and set up my studio.

Kind of exciting! 😀

Well, it arrived...

A lot of time spent head scratching but I think they are working together now.

I connect my Roland MMP-2 to my O-C to give me two more analogue inputs but it gave me a bit of a problem. With just the one O-C I could connect it with the O-C turned on but now when I do that it screws everything up, so I have to remember to turn the MMP-2 on first and then turn on the O-C's.

Still having to compromise my inputs it seems... I thought 18 inputs would have been okay but I was wrong. 

Funny thing is the manual says that when you have two O-C's connected you get a total of 24 inputs and 20 outputs but I cannot see those as physical connections on the units so I am going to have to contact someone at Roland.

cheers

andy