Zero G $5 Days

cclarry

These libraries are super old school. I have some of these on CD from like 20 years ago. You can hear tons of those sounds in the first season of shows like 24 and CSI and movie soundtracks from like 2005. Can't believe they still sell for $40 regular. They've been mined to death. Literally - I think the people that made most of these are dead by now. Should be bundled with Stylus RMX expansions like Metamorphosis, and sold for $19.99. 

21 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

These libraries are super old school. I have some of these on CD from like 20 years ago. You can hear tons of those sounds in the first season of shows like 24 and CSI and movie soundtracks from like 2005. Can't believe they still sell for $40 regular. They've been mined to death. Literally - I think the people that made most of these are dead by now. Should be bundled with Stylus RMX expansions like Metamorphosis, and sold for $19.99. 

Yesterday's over mined samples and over used sounds are today's throwback, retro and cool nostalgia libraries.  Companies are literally reproducing/cloning  20, 30, 40 year old gear for this same reason. Roland somewhat recently released the D-50 and JV 1080 and Korg their Triton in a vst.  Easily 3 of the top 10 most overly used sound libraries  in popular music . The same reason many people stopped using them is the same reason those sounds are so sought after today.

Edited by Lemar Sain
  • Like 3

I take it you haven't heard these libraries.  And I didn't say they should be free. I'm sure someone out there really wants to re-create circa-2001 Crystal Method and $5 is an absolute steal. But $40 regular for some of these libraries is just typical audio companies trying to mine the naive for as much as possible, and doing the super sales to show what the libraries are really worth, and milk a slow moving dated catalog by selling to sample addicts / hoarders. $5 ain't bad though.

Edited by Carl Ewing

1 hour ago, Lemar Sain said:

Yesterday's over mined samples and over used sounds are today's throwback, retro and cool nostalgia libraries.  Companies are literally reproducing/cloning  20, 30, 40 year old gear for this same reason. Roland somewhat recently released the D-50 and JV 1080 and Korg their Triton in a vst.  Easily 3 of the top 10 most overly used sound libraries  in popular music . The same reason many people stopped using them is the same reason those sounds are so sought after today.

Yup. Lately, I have been loving me some Proteus and Emax sounds. As well as some ARP odyssey/ 2600, Korg Mono/Poly, etc....

• Like 1