please delete

Plugin Deals

I think you might have an issue with bitterness. Also,  the name you're using, Plugin Deals is a pretty popular site that posts here and has been around for probably a decade, so I think your claims of being original are more than a bit overstated.  Instead of being bitter, if you care, try to build a better site than the other ones. That's all. No one is going to be impressed with your claim of originality on a concept that has been done for at least two decades. You're way off on this stuff. But I  think the more important thing is that you shouldn't be so clearly bitter. Dead serious. Life is too short. If you want to compete, compete, but your assertion that you were the first to do this is ridiculously off. I've been giving plugin and sample developers advice going back to the early 00s and such sites and sections of forums have existed for a long time and your name clearly infringes on Plugin Deals trademark.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
grammatical edit.

31 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I think you might have an issue with bitterness. Also,  the name you're using, Plugin Deals is a pretty popular site that posts here and has been around for probably a decade, so I think your claims of being original are more than a bit overstated.  Instead of being bitter, if you care, try to build a better site than the other ones. That's all. No one is going to be impressed with your claim of originality on a concept that has been done for at least two decades. You're way off on this stuff. But I  think the more important thing is that you shouldn't be so clearly bitter. Dead serious. Life is too short. If you want to compete, compete, but you're assertion that you were the first to do this is ridiculously off. I've been giving plugin and sample developers advice going back to the early 00s and such sites and sections of forums have existed for a long time and your name clearly infringes on Plugin Deals trademark.  

-

Edited by plugindeals

47 minutes ago, bdickens said:

What did I miss?

Serves me right to put down the forum and work on some music.

The OP deleted it, so hopefully,  he's moving on. But he uses the name "Plugin Deals" and feels his site,  which he created last year in October or November was the first site to feature plugin and sample deals and that everyone is stealing his ideas. He might be a nice person,  no reason to think he isn't,  but it was just a purely bitter and ego driven post that was also technically very incorrect that he somehow invented the idea of featuring sales of plugins and sample libraries on his site. My point was that besides that he was incorrect about being first to create that kind of site, instead of being bitter he should try making his site worthwhile. 

• Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The OP deleted it, so hopefully,  he's moving on. But he uses the name "Plugin Deals" and feels his site,  which he created last year in October or November was the first site to feature plugin and sample deals and that everyone is stealing his ideas. He might be a nice person,  no reason to think he isn't,  but it was just a purely bitter and ego driven post that was also technically very incorrect that he somehow invented the idea of featuring sales of plugins and sample libraries on his site. My point was that besides that he was incorrect about being first to create that kind of site, instead of being bitter he should try making his site worthwhile. 

I think the feature he was claiming to be the first to exploit was the automatic scouring of the web. The musicsoftwaredeals thread gives more context.

It's a shame he didn't post his site here when he created it instead of trying to tear down someone else who's doing a good job with a good idea and is open to the community for suggestions.  Now THAT'S a good way to start posting on the forum!  We're not hostile at all. Quite harmless, in fact.   🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mibby said:

It's a shame he didn't post his site here when he created it instead of trying to tear down someone else who's doing a good job with a good idea and is open to the community for suggestions.  Now THAT'S a good way to start posting on the forum!  We're not hostile at all. Quite harmless, in fact.   🙂

Exactly. I also know that it will be difficult for anyone to monetize that kind of site at a really attractive level. Consider this, those sites are going to basically optimize for their own profit. They're all about aggregating affiliate links -- which overall, is an old technique in the digital world. But their site isn't going to have the community and related content that keeps people coming back. That's why this forum, KVR and VI Control do well. And powering the deals by people like cclarry,  you get posts that aren't confined to affiliate marketing. That's why I am going to choose a forum like this first and why most people will too. #teamlarry

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 5