GForce M-TRON MKII Now Available

Olong Johnson

I contacted GForce to confirm there is no discount for present M-Tron Pro owners. Their justification is that the MKII is not an upgrade to Pro, but a separate product within the M-Tron family. While that may be true, M-Tron Pro owners have no additional incentive to purchase MKII if they are expected to pay as much as everyone else. I love me some tron, but this is seriously too much money for one instrument, regardless of how rare it is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Olong Johnson said:

I contacted GForce to confirm there is no discount for present M-Tron Pro owners. Their justification is that the MKII is not an upgrade to Pro, but a separate product within the M-Tron family. While that may be true, M-Tron Pro owners have no additional incentive to purchase MKII if they are expected to pay as much as everyone else. I love me some tron, but this is seriously too much money for one instrument, regardless of how rare it is.

seems a bit mean

I'm a big fan of Gforce but I think they'd make more profit if they cut existing owners a deal or were slightly more realistic on price

(I refer you to Larry's 2nd Law of Plugin Pricing: 1000x$29.99 > 100x@$249.99)

• Like 3

I don't see any attraction onthis one , and i'm a mellotron aficionado ..... the dual layer thing on the pro I is the real deal , the sound source are plenty , and the sound design capabilities superior , this rythm thing i love , but should have been a plus in the pro , not a dedicated plugin ....usefull to jam or maybe live but that's all is see there .... laynch gas off from start here  ....good thing ..

• Like 2

Agree with all. Far too expensive for limited use. At £29.99 yes, maybe even £49.99 - but £199 + VAT no thanks. I have everything GForce have done and really like their stuff. I don't think there is a piece that I've done recently that doesn't have the M-Tron Pro (recently = five years for me) on it somewhere.

• Like 3