New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

8 hours ago, mibby said:

Not nearly as smart as Larry, but it casts a nice BIG net to catch deals! 

And the site does not facilitate discussion as to whether the deal is worth looking at or not. But it is still an extremely useful tool, and will only get better when they add the ability to create a wishlist and then flag you when the prices of items on said list fall below a certain threshold.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 3

https://www.plugin-alliance.com has been added (though their coupon system will make it fun to figure out actual prices).

We're now in the process of adding Waves (all 1 million sale products), Loot Audio and Native Instruments.

After that we'll stop adding new sites for a while and focus on functionality of the website before adding more websites.

• Like 3

A couple of little things:

1. +1 on opening to a new tab when you click an entry
  2. +1 on the Manufacturer check-box, the "Select All" functionality works great
  3. Can you store our drop-down preferences in some cookies or something?
  4. +1 on the tags by the prices
  5. Can you add BestService to the stores (eventually)
  6. How about a filter for Price Range? Cheapskates like me would love to filter out anything over $29 to reduce the "noise". ;)
  7. Can we get the same "Page Size" navigation on the bottom of the page on the Grid View like you have on the List View?
  8. +1 on the site! Impressive that you're pulling this together so quickly!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

A couple of little things:

1. +1 on opening to a new tab when you click an entry
  2. +1 on the Manufacturer check-box, the "Select All" functionality works great
  3. Can you store our drop-down preferences in some cookies or something?
  4. +1 on the tags by the prices
  5. Can you add BestService to the stores (eventually)
  6. How about a filter for Price Range? Cheapskates like me would love to filter out anything over $29 to reduce the "noise". ;)
  7. Can we get the same "Page Size" navigation on the bottom of the page on the Grid View like you have on the List View?
  8. +1 on the site! Impressive that you're pulling this together so quickly!

Hey thanks for the feedback!

1. Do you mean when you click any deal, it should open in a new tab?

3. Yes good idea we'll try that

4. Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

5. We'll try eventually, but one issue with Best Service is that they don't really list all products in a functional way so you can see what's on sale vs not. Their deals page just consists of banners that link to categories but don't have any specific prices in them. We can figure out a way to deal with this eventually, but they're not a priority or now

6. That's a really nice idea actually thanks. We can certainly do that yep!

7. Yes we're eventually just going to enable constant scrolling on grid view so you can continually scroll instead of having them on different pages

8. Thanks very much :)

2 hours ago, Syphus said:

@Music Software Deals     Another thing  (LOL) - When you go to "Pages"  (forward or back), could you make it so as to start at the top of the page (i.e. beginning of new /old list).

That would make using your site so much more enjoyable to use . . .   Otherwise nice site!

Syphus

Hi there, I'm not too sure what you mean, can you provide more detail?

57 minutes ago, Music Software Deals said:

1. Do you mean when you click any deal, it should open in a new tab?

Yes, you already do that.  +1!  :)

58 minutes ago, Music Software Deals said:

4. Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Sorry, the +1 = "good job".  So, I like how you are always adding the store tags where the prices are. :)

59 minutes ago, Music Software Deals said:

When you go to "Pages"  (forward or back), could you make it so as to start at the top of the page (i.e. beginning of new /old list).

I can field this one because I forgot to add it to my list: in the Grid view, when you go to the next page on the navigation panel at the bottom, when the next page loads, it's still at the bottom and should open at the top of the next page. (This won't be an issue when you do your #7 above, with continual scrolling. We won't have pages. )

Anyway, I hope that's clear enough!  Cheers!

3 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Hi there, I'm not too sure what you mean, can you provide more detail?

When you make your selection, you are presented with a page (grid style).   If there a full page, then you would scroll down to reach the bottom.   Once there you can select the next page to view.   The page now loads with your view at the bottom of the page (grid) and now you have to scroll up to the top to start your scan of offerings.

I find this counter intuitive for viewing.  

Do this:  

1 - Log into your site (should already be populated with deals)

2 - scroll down to the bottom of the page

3 - select "Next Page" or page number.

You should now be at the bottom of the new page.   I would find it more useful to have the new page load and be at the top of the page.    By placing me at the bottom, I will now have to scroll up to the top, then down to the bottom.   Since I'm going down, I will encounter the selection (which after the selection would bring me back to the top of the next page)

It that a bit clearer?   Let me know

Thanks,

Syphus

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Yes, you already do that.  +1!  :)

Sorry, the +1 = "good job".  So, I like how you are always adding the store tags where the prices are. :)

I can field this one because I forgot to add it to my list: in the Grid view, when you go to the next page on the navigation panel at the bottom, when the next page loads, it's still at the bottom and should open at the top of the next page. (This won't be an issue when you do your #7 above, with continual scrolling. We won't have pages. )

Anyway, I hope that's clear enough!  Cheers!

Cool thanks!

7 minutes ago, Syphus said:

When you make your selection, you are presented with a page (grid style).   If there a full page, then you would scroll down to reach the bottom.   Once there you can select the next page to view.   The page now loads with your view at the bottom of the page (grid) and now you have to scroll up to the top to start your scan of offerings.

I find this counter intuitive for viewing.  

Do this:  

1 - Log into your site (should already be populated with deals)

2 - scroll down to the bottom of the page

3 - select "Next Page" or page number.

You should now be at the bottom of the new page.   I would find it more useful to have the new page load and be at the top of the page.    By placing me at the bottom, I will now have to scroll up to the top, then down to the bottom.   Since I'm going down, I will encounter the selection (which after the selection would bring me back to the top of the next page)

It that a bit clearer?   Let me know

Thanks,

Syphus

Ah perfect, I see what you mean yep. That's more of a "cosmetic" thing on the website that we'll fix eventually after we add more functionality. Also, as mentioned in my previous comment, we'll add continual scrolling instead of multi page products to make it easier to view

23 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Ah perfect, I see what you mean yep. That's more of a "cosmetic" thing on the website that we'll fix eventually after we add more functionality. Also, as mentioned in my previous comment, we'll add continual scrolling instead of multi page products to make it easier to view

Very Cool . . .   Thanks for checking out my comment

Syphus

14 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Would be nice if the main page showed the manufacturers in a collapsed manner, e.g. all Xhun Audio deals in one. That way the main page would provide a better overview. Just a thought. 

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean actually.

Currently if you click on the "Manufacturer" filter, then select "Unselect All" and only select "Xhun Audio" you'll see only the Xhun Audio ones (which need to eventually be correctly categorised and tagged properly). Is that what you mean or do you mean something else?

I was thinking about when someone opens the site for the first time. He would now see a lot of Xhun ;)

Maybe it can be more “welcoming” when the first page automatically hides deals per manufacturer. This way one would only see the first Xhun deal, for example, and a button to see the other Xhun deals. The main page would have a grander overview. Again, just a thought to make the first page more interesting for first timer visitors. 

For a first time viewer, the lure of the site is seeing the best deals on the first page. If that page (on a phone) is amply filled with deals from one manufacturer, our first timer will not be lured in as much as when he would see all kinds of devs offering great deals. 

56 minutes ago, Music Software Deals said:

Ah I see what you mean alright. Yes good point, perhaps then we can make the front page by default have a random selection of the latest deals so they aren't all from the same company/re-seller etc. 

So maybe you can just initialize the screen with the "Random" filter set?  (That may be what you're talking about already anyway.)  I usually change that to Price (ascending) first thing anyway...  Maybe that would make @Fleer happy - because you don't want Fleer to be unhappy with you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

So maybe you can just initialize the screen with the "Random" filter set?  (That may be what you're talking about already anyway.)  I usually change that to Price (ascending) first thing anyway...  Maybe that would make @Fleer happy - because you don't want Fleer to be unhappy with you!

Yes maybe the default view should be latest deals sorted randomly. Then you can choose your own filters after that.