New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

47 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

1)  Because this site. or anything done by a computer. will NEVER come close to replacing what Larry does.  <SNIP>

I agree with everything you posted - and sorry, I was being a bit flippant :)  (it was very late over here 🍺

and yes ,your BF posts are hugely helpful both at the time and as a reference source.

13 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Yep the next feature is unchecking developers in the filtering. We will also have an email alert for when a product hits a certain price too eventually (phase 3)

I great thing would be to have a kinda of notification , like you check what you want / need , and once a deal comes on , you get notified with a smallrecap on how the actual deals is versus what the prices already been :

exemple : dear Zo , a friendly reminder that plugin X i actually on sale , its prices Y is the best price to date , or its price W is 50% of original price and have been 60 % in sales during the bf or at this date ...ect ...

Also small videos Reviews section could be great ( not thinking about mine lol mine are nothing but small or short lol) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zo said:

I great thing would be to have a kinda of notification , like you check what you want / need , and once a deal comes on , you get notified with a smallrecap on how the actual deals is versus what the prices already been :

exemple : dear Zo , a friendly reminder that plugin X i actually on sale , its prices Y is the best price to date , or its price W is 50% of original price and have been 60 % in sales during the bf or at this date ...ect ...

Also small videos Reviews section could be great ( not thinking about mine lol mine are nothing but small or short lol) 

Yes we'll be adding price notifications when we add the price tracking so you'll be able to be notified when it drops below a certain level

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Music Software Deals said:

Yes we'll be adding price notifications when we add the price tracking so you'll be able to be notified when it drops below a certain level

Will it be possible to have a sort of hystorical about past price and timing ?

I am also mad that this person stole my idea. The fact that I never even told anyone about this idea and what I was going do to with it, only makes this look more sinister as now I'm thinking some type of black magic was probably used to extract the information from my brain. At least a year ago this idea came* to me that I could just scrape this forum for price history and draw some simple graphs to help in purchase decision making, as I was not excited about implementing any combination of AI & webcrawling and this is the only place I check for deals anyway. I didn't actually do anything with the idea, possibly because the same black magic used for stealing the idea was used to steal my incredible productivity and industriousness, turning me into a lazy sloth. Many red flags about this new site and its creator... Proceed with caution.

* I stole it from IsThereAnyDeal and the dozen other similar aggregators.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sarine said:

I am also mad that this person stole my idea. The fact that I never even told anyone about this idea and what I was going do to with it, only makes this look more sinister as now I'm thinking some type of black magic was probably used to extract the information from my brain. At least a year ago this idea came* to me that I could just scrape this forum for price history and draw some simple graphs to help in purchase decision making, as I was not excited about implementing any combination of AI & webcrawling and this is the only place I check for deals anyway. I didn't actually do anything with the idea, possibly because the same black magic used for stealing the idea was used to steal my incredible productivity and industriousness, turning me into a lazy sloth. Many red flags about this new site and its creator... Proceed with caution.

* I stole it from IsThereAnyDeal and the dozen other similar aggregators.

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

I'd like to apologize to Music Software Deals. Had no idea there is a serious company behind it. Should have looked more in details at the project; the silly crawling thing is what made me react, it's my mistake and I ask apologies for all my behavior. I hope my sincere apologies are accepted and wish you good luck with this project.

Edited by Plugin Deals
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Plugin Deals said:

I'd like to apologize to Music Software Deals. Had no idea there is a serious company behind it, I thought there is some newbie developer. Should have looked more in details at the project; the silly crawling thing is what made me react, it's my mistake and I ask apologies for all my behavior. I hope my sincere apologies are accepted and wish you good luck with this project.

I don't know if he's a "serious company" or not. But he's certainly NOT a "newbie developer"!

Hey, we're all friendly here and just "deal" addicts looking for our next fix.  Start a new thread and post your site!  😎

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mibby said:

I don't know if he's a "serious company" or not. But he's certainly NOT a "newbie developer"!

Hey, we're all friendly here and just "deal" addicts looking for our next fix.  Start a new thread and post your site!  😎

My reaction was exaggerated no matter what so I recognize it and feel sorry about it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I agree. I wouldn't mind checking out your site when it is ready to see if it offers something that MSD and other sites do not. We really are not a hostile forum, especially compared to KVR and others. 

Edited by Doug Rintoul

A couple of updates/changes/improvements:

1. Show button on every deal to show the store its available at (eg. JRR, T&S, PluginBoutique etc.) - also showing multiple buttons with price in each if its available in multiple stores
2. Added "store" column when viewing list view. So you can sort by store
3. Added pluginfox.co store
4. Added option to tick/untick manufacturers in dropdown list so you can show/hide particular companies (for example you might not want to see Soundspot products which are always 99% off)

We've also made a lot of improvement behind the scenes to block URLs for hardware deals if they're scraped, autocorrect/merge deals if the name is different across multiple stores (eg. "Kilohearts Distortion Plug-in", "Kilohearts Distortion Plugin" and "Distortion Plugin" could all be merged into "Distortion Snap-in" by Kiloheartz".

There are still a few bugs to be resoolved and we haven't correctly added all of the tagging to the products yet but this will come later.

Next we're working on scraping more websites and beginning to put the price tracking tool together

• Like 1