New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

28 minutes ago, Plugin Deals said:

We work for 6 years in this business and we've seen enough to know what we know. Some credits would have been nice, but it doesn't really matter.

All of us have around here have been scouring  the web for deals for along time now and we have never heard of you. Why do you think that musicsoftwaredeals.com is even aware of your site? I just read the thread on VI-Control where the development of this is being discussed. I see nothing that looks like any copying is happening. In fact the website is being developed with from feedback from multiple users giving suggestions. And the developer seems to be very responsive. Can you say the same?

PS. You do realize that deleting your posts does not delete what I quoted. The damage is done.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:20 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

All of us have around here have been scouring  the web for deals for along time now and we have never heard of you. Why do you think that musicsoftwaredeals.com is even aware of your site? I just read the thread on VI-Control where the development of this is being discussed. I see nothing that looks like any copying is happening. In fact the website is being developed with from feedback from multiple users giving suggestions. And the developer seems to be very responsive. Can you say the same?

PS. You do realize that deleting your posts does not delete what I quoted. The damage is done.

Edited by Plugin Deals

One feature request is the ability to filter out results - for example, being able to uncheck a developer, or filter out specific plugins that a user already owns. And perhaps even an email alert system for specific developers / plugins. :)

Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Edited by Carl Ewing

10 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

One feature request is the ability to filter out results - for example, being able to uncheck a developer, or filter out specific plugins that a user already owns. And perhaps even an email alert system for specific developers / plugins. :)

Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Yep the next feature is unchecking developers in the filtering. We will also have an email alert for when a product hits a certain price too eventually (phase 3)

• Like 2

The nice thing about collecting the price information is that you can then do all kinds of things with those numbers. For examples and ideas see IsThereAnyDeal, a website that collects information about games and then shows things like their price history among other interesting things. You can even set up price alerts that send you an email when a game's price falls below a threshold you have specified (ie. "let me know when I can get this game for a dollar").

Larry does invaluable work and this new website is not going to replace him or this forum for anyone, but I wouldn't mind having a tool that would show me all the plugins I want to buy and how their current price compares to previous sales. I have started to collect that kind of list for myself, but every time I add a new plugin to that list I need  to search for its price history, and sometimes that information is not easy to come by. Quite often you only find the discount percentage, not the actual dollar amount.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

23 hours ago, simon said:

why not just pay Larry for all the amazing work he does ? if it ain't broke etc.

1)  Because this site. or anything done by a computer. will NEVER come close to replacing what Larry does.  It is just a supplement, like my Tiger the Frog post was every November.   It's not going to be as comprehensive or accurate or timely.  Larry doesn't scrape twice a day--he posts instantly.  Anybody who has ever tried to post something before him knows what I'm talking about.  😀

There's never been anything wrong with having  other sites out there, like @Batwaffel at Reddit, KVR, Rekkerd, Sample Library Review, etc.  Who cares?  Use them if you want. Or don't. 

2) Getting  things organized in categories and alphabetized is useful, as my TTF posts prove.  Getting a ticker-tape of deals as they happen, has its advantages, but its disadvantages too.   A list that sticks is simply different.

3) Having a history of prices would be very nice.  It's the one reason why people go back to my TTF posts all year round--to find out what the Black Friday prices were.  Imagine what a true history over many years would be like as you are contemplating whether a sales price is a good one.  That would have been so helpful for me when I was starting out.

4) Larry doesn't really want to be paid.  I have repeatedly sent him notes offering help showing him how to monetize this.  Aside from asking for some "coffees" for the first time last year, he has a passion to do this free for the community.  He sees all of us as family.  That's who he is.  And that's why he's irreplaceable.  It's ridiculous to think that a bot can offer anything like that.  We know him and we care about what he says.  I ask you, "Can a bot be pissed off at IK?" 🤣I think not.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1