Coda Arturia Mini V3 Presets

cclarry

15 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

No but the sample sounds sound good. For that price ESP for ultimate you are getting alot .. worth a punt Id say .. same price as 2 pints of Guinness in Ireland :D

Interesting... and I haven't seen many 3rd party preset packs for Arturia synths.

As you say Aidan, probably worth a punt 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

worth a punt

That phrase had me wondering for a minute. In American football, "to punt" means kicking the ball away to the other team.

Apparently over there "worth a punt" means "worth a bet".

I get it now! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

That phrase had me wondering for a minute. In American football, "to punt" means kicking the ball away to the other team.

Apparently over there "worth a punt" means "worth a bet".

I get it now! :)

Yes, here in Ireland it would be similar in that PUNT & kicking Ball in Gaelic Football. Taking a chance kick from outfield to score a POINT over the cross bar ( below crossbar is a defended by keeper goal. Score a goal is  worth 3 points ). Gaelic football and hurling goals look like a combined soccer and rugby goal/posts in one

BUT BUT, I will give you all a lesson in Irish. Pre the EURO our currency was the Irish pound IR£ ... In Irish POUND is PUNT ( with whats called a FADA over he U - Púnt ). The Irish Pound -  punt Éireannach ( "air-an-knock" )

So now :D

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yes, here in Ireland it would be similar in that PUNT & kicking Ball in Gaelic Football. Taking a chance kick from outfield to score a POINT over the cross bar ( below crossbar is a defended by keeper goal. Score a goal is  worth 3 points ). Gaelic football and hurling goals look like a combined soccer and rugby goal/posts in one

BUT BUT, I will give you all a lesson in Irish. Pre the EURO our currency was the Irish pound IR£ ... In Irish POUND is PUNT ( with whats called a FADA over he U - Púnt ). The Irish Pound -  punt Éireannach ( "air-an-knock" )

So now :D

When we Americans PUNT there is no realistic expectation to score a point, it's not like kicking a field goal. We are giving the ball back to the opposing team for them to begin a new offensive drive with.

But the explanation of the Irish Pound (PUNT) is very interesting! Or the English version, "worth a bet" (PUNT). Wow, this word sure can be confusing, LOL!

Either of those would make sense in the context of "worth a punt".  :)

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

When we Americans PUNT there is no realistic expectation to score a point, it's not like kicking a field goal. We are giving the ball back to the opposing team for them to begin a new offensive drive with.

Sort of that way in Gaelic football / hurling too. In hurling the small ball called a sliotar ( "slitter" ) is hit from outfield from all angles to score a point over crossbar tween uprights or above. But doesnt always happen however more often than not succeeds. When it doesnt succeed its a punt also :D .. same in gaelic football which uses a ball similar size to soccer ball

36 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

But doesnt always happen however more often than not succeeds. When it doesnt succeed its a punt also :D 

I should have said that it's impossible for the offense to score with a punt play. It's intent is simply to turn over possession of the ball to the opposing team and push them back as far away from your goal as possible. Similar to the way a goalie defending their goal in soccer (futbol) can drop kick the ball away.

The alternative would be a place kick play for a field goal, that may or may not go over the upright at the goal posts. The punt is reserved for situations where you are too far away to kick a field goal.

• Like 1

@abacab Hurling .. probably the fastest field sport. All players amateur, but wow, what skills. Lots of people initially see it and say it looks dangerous ( due to hurlies and players knocking into each other ) BUT it isnt, it just looks that way, injuries etc very low ... players do not get violent with the hurly ever. Fantastic game to watch .. its constant end to end stuff. See 3 mins or so below :D 

Biggest days are in September when you have the All Ireland finals in the premier stadium In Dublin called Croke Pairc. Holds about 82,000 .. packed to the rafters :D

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1