Softube Dirty Tape: Special Edition For Free

DrShelder

15 minutes ago, mibby said:

Absolutely. Very nice. That is a very cool vibe to the drum sound and the whole song.

Unlike you though, I'm a long way to figuring out how to come up with that sound from a regular kit and am more prone to just pay for presets that someone talented made. I just want to be able to play instruments that sound nice. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

36 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Or individual installer.. that's what I'm doing :)

One word of caution though, I bought their Juno synth and installed manually because I too hate having to install on my system a "central" and "manager" for every developer out there, but it wouldn't work anyway without updating Pace License Manager to a newer version. That makes me a bit mad cause such practices are begging for troubles for some users, especially those staying on older systems. It was the only one plugin in my life that asked for a new Pace License Manager or no go, and my system isn't that old. Annoying... but man that Juno sounds sooo rewarding :D 

They hide the individual installers well.

Wow 3 iLok activations.  Is that the same with all Softude stuff?

(are ya listening Waves)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Wow 3 iLok activations.  Is that the same with all Softude stuff?

(are ya listening Waves)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.. Waves are indeed NOT listening 🤣

But I'm sort of glad.. it makes me not listen to the Waves sales, or anything they sell in general, so I save money 😎

• Like 2

I played with it briefly. It does a thing.

Loses several points in my book for not having a wet/dry control. Even with all the controls to their hi-fi'est setting, the thing eats high frequencies unless it's bypassed - so unless you like really lo-fi, you're going to want to put it on an aux send. Inconvenient.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

For my taste it is a very heavy and a slow plugin. 👎 I doubt whether I ever will use it! I have fairly better ones for this task!

In addition I downloaded some updates for my other Softube plugins. It was prudent that I only installed one of the updates, first (Drawmer S73). The new version was so slow (double loading time of the GUI) that I decided to go back to the previous version! 👎 A very high price for having a resizable GUI! 😆 Conclusion: I guess Softube will also get on my list of eschewed plugin developers, regrettably! 😢

Another point that formed my opinion: The documentation! First, they only deliver a single manual that includes almost all of their plugins! This alone was not so bad, if not the pdf index links were pointing completely false! 😡 And the document is really not very new (sep-20)! I checked my former manual version (much older), and even there were the links pointing wrong! I cannot trust in such a company and their software! For years they could not fix such a simple manual issue! They are like many developers preferring cool things (like resizable GUIs), instead of doing necessary fixes! And their plugins are even not cheap!

• Like 2