Softube Dirty Tape: Special Edition For Free

DrShelder

2 hours ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

Impossible to enter the web, they had to knock it down. :)

Problems like these make it less likely that I'll visit and buy anything from Softube in the future.  It would have been better for them not to offer a freebie than to offer one and make it really frustrating to get.  Sheesh!

2 hours ago, locrian said:

Problems like these make it less likely that I'll visit and buy anything from Softube in the future.  It would have been better for them not to offer a freebie than to offer one and make it really frustrating to get.  Sheesh!

Valid until January 31th, so plenty of time. Can’t complain for free stuff…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think that I prefer the drum sound in the video in bypass mode. :)

I was thinking the same thing with the SoundCloud demos. The kick sounds awful! 

Try logging in FIRST, then go an add the freebie...

got it and tried it out. sort of cool. it kept crashing my cubase when i added a second instance.  i would up disabling  asio protect and that seems to fix it. i slapped an instance  on each track of a quick blues  thing. its a cool freebie. i am not sure its doing what i was hoping it would do the tracks. i feel like i have other things in my collection that do the same thing. none the less. nice freebie.

3 hours ago, mibby said:

I was thinking the same thing with the SoundCloud demos. The kick sounds awful! 

Try logging in FIRST, then go an add the freebie...

I thought the same thing as you guys, but I  figured,  what do I  know,  Softube makes really nice effects,  somebody with more expertise with effects probably hears something I don't. But, as you guys know a lot more about effects than me and had the same reaction,  I'm thinking there's something to my instincts. Still, when their server stops getting hit, I'll give it a try. I do love lofi sounds. 

26 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I do love lofi sounds. 

Yup!  You can always just add it to your snare or use it more subtly or just on the high frequencies or use one on the many others out there that is more to your liking! Still, it's nice to have different flavors.  😁

8 hours ago, mibby said:

Yup!  You can always just add it to your snare or use it more subtly or just on the high frequencies or use one on the many others out there that is more to your liking! Still, it's nice to have different flavors.  😁

Yeah,  you can add it subtly. I haven't figured out subtlety yet! (I'm referring to mixing, BTW!) 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Download Softube Central - PASS

Or individual installer.. that's what I'm doing :)

One word of caution though, I bought their Juno synth and installed manually because I too hate having to install on my system a "central" and "manager" for every developer out there, but it wouldn't work anyway without updating Pace License Manager to a newer version. That makes me a bit mad cause such practices are begging for troubles for some users, especially those staying on older systems. It was the only one plugin in my life that asked for a new Pace License Manager or no go, and my system isn't that old. Annoying... but man that Juno sounds sooo rewarding :D 

• Like 2