playing chords in MIDI connection issue

dogufo

Question

Hi, sorry, in short, I´ve got this issue ...usually when I play chords with 4 or more notes simultaneusly, some notes stops ringing. Pls anyone can help me set Cakewalk properly to solve this issue?

Here my hardware and os information:

ScreenShot_20220115093201.thumb.jpeg.ec9e4c342b9a97f05c3fac3500c97e8c.jpeg 

5 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, dogufo said:

thanks for your answer:  I´ve got a vintage synth Yamaha SY77

Then that should just be MIDI data.

I have a PC configured as per my signature and I have no issues sending dense MIDI data to an SW1000XG card. 

Have you updated your MIDISPORT 4x4 Drivers (using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates).

Also, check your Prepare Using N Millisecond Buffers. (in MIDI - Playback and Recording).  Mine is set to 200

When you say “when I play chords”, I am assuming that’s a performance from Cakewalk itself rather than playing them on the actual SY77 keys.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Then that should just be MIDI data.

I have a PC configured as per my signature and I have no issues sending dense MIDI data to an SW1000XG card. 

Have you updated your MIDISPORT 4x4 Drivers (using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates). Yes, I did to the latest version (2013).

Also, check your Prepare Using N Millisecond Buffers. (in MIDI - Playback and Recording).  Mine is set to 200 I set it to 850, following another user´s advice.

When you say “when I play chords”, I am assuming that’s a performance from Cakewalk itself rather than playing them on the actual SY77 keys. No, I mean, it happens by playing the SY77 keys.

If it's happening when playing the SY77 keys,  then I would have to know more about your Cakewalk set up.

As an experiment, does the issue happen with Cakewalk closed?  If it does, then this is an SY77 issue, not Cakewalk.

If this is happening with Cakewalk open, then I think what is happening is that played MIDI data is being looped back to the SY77... causing more notes to trigger - eventually causing the SY77 to run out of polyphony. 

I suspect that you will have to turn Local Off on the SY77 (see page 221 of the SY77 user manual)