Can I have Overloud TH3 and THU installed at the same time ?

GodinLG

HI,

I have 2 questions regarding guitar amps plugins

1)

I currently use the  Overloud TH3 that came with cakewalk, I was interested in trying THU or THU RockGuy .

I want to keep TH3 as this is my main guitar amp plugin. I tried different free ones but always  come back to TH3.

Can I install THU and still have TH3 or will it try to upgrade my current TH3 version ?

2) 

I recently downloaded Neural Archetype Petrucci to try it out, but I do not see if via Cakewalk.

I can use it as a standalone but cannot see if via Cakewalk, I tried a VST scan still the same issue, the Neural  support guy indicated to try the VST scan RESET but this will erase all my pervious settings, which I don't really want to do. I can see the vst files in the proper directories.

Has anyone used the Archetype Petrucci ?  Any tips on why I cannot see it via Cakewalk ?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, GodinLG said:

the Neural  support guy indicated to try the VST scan RESET but this will erase all my pervious settings, which I don't really want to do.

A VST reset clears the VST Inventory in the registry and rescans the plug-ins.

The warning about erasing settings refers to any changes made to the VST properties shown in VST2/3 drop down above the plug-in UI (the same screen is available in the Plug-in Manager).  Here is an example of the VST properties page

3Oa2ztH.png

A VST reset does not affect plug-in presets.

VST resets should always be run from Preferences > File > VST settings with "Scan in sandbox" and "Generate Scan Log" enabled. The log may be useful to confirm if the plug-in was scanned and the results of the scan.

I have no experience with Overloud THU but do have TH2 Platinum (a version of TH2 bundled with SONAR Platinum). the full version of TH2 and TH3 Cakewalk all installed. All work independently of each other.

I have to believe THU installs in a manner similar to all the previous TH plug-ins.

Thanks for the info

I have a couple of follow up questions

1) For THU RockGuy , the site mentions that it can be used by itself or with THU, but once I downloaded it mentioned the following:

>>Make sure to have TH-U version 1.4.7 or greater installed on your computer. You can download the latest version here:

>>Click here to download the latest TH-U version

>>To start the demo, open TH-U, then click on Demo and on the pack you want to start the demo, like in the picture below:

When I clicked on the link , it brings me to the page to download THU Premium  Demo, so I'm a bit confused do I need THU ? 

If so , can I use the THU Premium Demo indefinitely or do I need to but it ?

2) For the Archetype Petrucci , I did the SCAN RESET , still no go, but I forgot to add the log, so I did a normal CSAN to create the log , this is what the log indicates:

---- 43: c:\program files\common files\vst3\Archetype Petrucci.vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\vst3\ARCHET~1.VST
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/common files/vst3/Archetype Petrucci.vst3
VSTSCAN: Previously scanned - NOT a VST plugin

--- 70: c:\program files\vstplugins\Archetype Petrucci.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\VSTPLU~1\ARCHET~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/vstplugins/Archetype Petrucci.dll
VSTSCAN: Previously scanned - NOT a VST plugin

Thanks in advance for any feedback

This log indicates the plug-ins failed to scan in a previous run and the plug-ins will not be scanned again unless a VST reset is performed, as suggest by the plug-in support group, or run a manual scan with "Rescan Failed Plugins" is run. If you elect to ignore the support recommendation and run a manual scan with "Rescan Failed Plugins" enabled, make sure to turn the rescan option off after the scan.