ALWAYS T2

Supa Reels

This is the remixed version and I have tried to address all the comments that have been been posted. We'll see .. 😏

ALWAYS

I see the look in your eyes, something you can't disguise ,
And you can't hide with that smile 'cause by the morning sun
you'll be gone .. I know you'll be gone
But I have to tell you ,before you make that start
I could see it coming, I knew you'd break my heart
In two … But I will always love you

Been through life not believing, everything just seemed cold to me
Then you showed me a different way, and I have to say
I saw this world your way
And just in case, when it's all said and done
I never realised there would be someone
I knew
That's why I'll always love you

M8

Been through life never seeing,
All the things that meant so much to you
The winter skies, and snow in our eyes
Or the summer sun and dragonflies
An evening breeze, as we watch the setting sun
Balmy nights when we were joined as one
It's true
I will always love you

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Steve,

Love this song + your vocal reminds me of the traveling wilburys.

Great lyrics and well put together - love the hook.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

paul

Many thanks Paul, it still has some issues but overall I think it works better having addressed some of the nigs it had.

Take care

Steve

On 1/25/2022 at 2:06 AM, KurtS said:

I think it sounds pretty good now.

I changed the bass ( NI ) as your niggle was absolutely right , it's not until you post that these obs come to light ... and then you wonder way you never noticed it in the first place .. so thanks Kurt ..good I/p

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SupaReels said:

see there was no comment on the old Tascam

Sorry bout that. The 1884 continues to function in Win 10 21H1 (whatever the most recent update is). I use only the control surface functions, and the EQ hasn’t worked in ages. But navigation in the project and faders are “burned” into my workflow. The audio works fine, but I moved on to RME for the audio I/O years ago.  Still a good piece of “kit” IMHO. 
t

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Sorry bout that. The 1884 continues to function in Win 10 21H1 (whatever the most recent update is). I use only the control surface functions, and the EQ hasn’t worked in ages. But navigation in the project and faders are “burned” into my workflow. The audio works fine, but I moved on to RME for the audio I/O years ago.  Still a good piece of “kit” IMHO. 
t

Have to agree, I a real wrench to replace my 1082 ... still miss it even with my stuff now. It was a great all in one sound module come mixer and your one was even better ! I use the Behringer X Touch with the Scarlett 18i20 and to be honest my old recordings were easier and  very comparable.... but then I still love my Tascam 688 Midi Studio .. Yep I'm old school ...

Thanks for taking the time for a reply 👍

Steve 

Edited by SupaReels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

That was a great piece of gear, loved mine.
Made some really bad digital recordings when I first transitioned to ITB.

t

I have had 3 of these over the years most of them as donors to keep my original going. It's great when you get someone in the studio and get a comparison vocal recording, people can't believe the quality .... then I tell them how much it cost in the day ... £2500 ...Ouch! LOL 

image.png.3c14c9f5bb962477b7e25136bdcfd75b.png

• Like 2

Great job Steve!
I have some hearing loss which makes it hard for me to follow lyrics so I was glad you posted the text.  You have some great lines that must have taken a while to come up with.  I don't know what resources you use but I would recommend rhymezone.com for rhymes and as a thesaurus. Very handy.  
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

OMG, we used one of those 688's back in the 90's. All the punching in and out we ruined the heads and kind of barely salvaged a years worth of band recording.  I do think certain things sounded better recorded to tape, rhythm guitar sounds were great, vocals were better too. Don't remember mine being midi, just a cassette.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Great job Steve!
I have some hearing loss which makes it hard for me to follow lyrics so I was glad you posted the text.  You have some great lines that must have taken a while to come up with.  I don't know what resources you use but I would recommend rhyme zone.com for rhymes and as a thesaurus. Very handy.  
-Bjorn

Thankyou Bjorn, it seems as if all us seasoned song writers are suffering now for their craft .. as said I have a dodgy right ear so find final mixes a challenge 👂. I did take your comment and added a low pad sound at the place you noticed a kind of break, so your ears are still good my friend. Thanks for the heads up with rhyme zone, I have several books but feel I'm cheating if I didn't think of the words myself .. just a thing with me 😏