Transform Tool doesn't work

Heinz Hupfer

Question

19 answers to this question

That's because you've not got the controllers selected.

Make sure you've got "Select Controllers Along With Notes" checked under the Controllers menu,  then the controllers will also be selected when you lasso the notes, and the transform tool will work with the controllers.

HI:)

This is selected but it didn't work either. I'll send another video tomorrow. the tool does strange things. Not as expected!

With the Option selected I can see the Data moving but on Mouse Release it jumps back to how it was.

I worked a lot with it and it worked ever, not anymore....tried a new empty Project and the same behaviour going on....

Bassman.

@msmcleod

Here the next video. Doesn't matter if the "Select Controllers along with notes" Option is selected or not. It seems the Transform tool does only "Thin out" the CC Data as you can see:

What's going on? I know I have copied Data from other Lanes and also copied Articulation Lanes from other Tracks, but it worked at least until the end of december last year....

Bassman.

12 hours ago, msmcleod said:

That's because you've not got the controllers selected.

I have used the Transform tool since the feature was introduced.

On my system (configured as per signature), the Transform Tool works on controllers whether they are selected or not.

In fact, if memory serves, I think I even once put in a feature request to ask if the transform tool could be made to respect event selection.

Hi:)

@promidi (Could you please make a short video of your behaviour?)

In the video you can see, that when I pull the Transform window to the left or right the Data is changed without having selected Data.

But I cannot change selected Data anymore as you can see too....the Data is just thinned out instead.

So there must be more users they have problems with....

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

27 minutes ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

@promidi (Could you please make a short video of your behaviour?)

I watched your videos and there definitely appears to be something funky going on there.

I am wondering if this might be a windows 11 thing (I am on 10 still)

You might want to open this as a ticket.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

@promidi

Thanks but I'm waiting for "msmcleod", perhaps he has an idea what happens here.

I installed version 11 but same thing, back to 12 now, I have nested folders in this project....

We'll see, a workaround is to work with the "Search/Find" Option or draw it in manually or "Insert Controller Series", we're in Cakewalk, there are other possibilities😁

Bassman.

Hi again:)

Found out what helps! When I delete a synth(tried with Kontakt) and the connection from the Miditrack, the Transform Tool works.

I insert the synth again and connect the miditrack again it works too.

So this must be a broken connection between the midi and the synth track, trying more synths out......

Bassman.

P.S. Can't get it to work in my project with deleting synths, only on a new project! So this project is broken.....

P.S. 2  A new miditrack works in the project but as soon I connect it to a synth I cannot see sometimes the data moving, but it is transformed.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

There are more related issues:

1. When I select Controller Data in the PRV and copy it, then try to paste it in another track it does only work when the midi channel is the same.

Means, if I have in one track a controller lane with midi channel 3 and want to copy channel 1 data in it it deletes the existing Midi notes instead of

pasting the controller data. Same channel does work. Pressing Ctrl + Z undeletes the midi notes.

2. It's not possible to delete an existing controller lane, even if there's no controller data in it. I can delete it, but on switching to another track and back

to the track with the deleted controller lane, the lane is back . Looking in to the edit view there is no existing controller dat of the deleted lane but the lane exists furthermore. 

Bassman.

Because the pasted controller data retains its original MIDI channel, it gets a new controller lane, but does not switch to that lane. 

I paste controller data between tracks all the time and have worked around this. 

Most of my MIDI projects comprise 16 tracks, with each MIDI track set to their respective MIDI channels.

After I have done a paste, I select all (I have mapped the A key for this), then do a bounce to clips(I have mapped the B key for this).  Because I have set RechannelMIDI=1 in the Cakewalk.ini file, when I do a bounce to clip, all MIDI channels in that track get rechannelled to match that of the given track.  Then all controller events will display in the given lane because all the MIDI channels are the same.

This has been my workflow for as long as I have used Cakewalk platinum and now Cakewalk by Bandlab.

@promidi

have set RechannelMIDI=1 in the Cakewalk.ini file

That's nice :)

I'm using only channel 1 from now on. I have the different channels in the track so it's not necessary to use different channels in the data!

Thank you;)

1 issue resolved, the others resist...

Bassman.

To operate correctly you need to lasso select the entire CC area intended to edit so the box will surround them.

1. Click the Transform Tool

2. Lasso the entire CC area

3. Adjust as needed

Your CC's aren't disappearing per se. If the box isn't covering the entire area and you move the left side of the box to reach the beginning of the area you want to edit, it will move the CC's already in the box over them making them disappear.

The "strange white lines" are ghosted controllers from another track. Your PRV Track list has more than one track selected.

22 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

2. It's not possible to delete an existing controller lane, even if there's no controller data in it.

I recall running into this quite a while back. I believe I submitted a project to the Bakers but don't recall whether anything ever came of it. I'll have to look back and see if I have notes or a demo project.

Currently the only way to delete a "lane" is to remove all cc's from it. Then the next time you open that track in PRV, it won't be there.

I've feature requested a more definite method of deleting all cc's in a lane so it won't persist after you think you've deleted them all.