Plugins keep failing min playback

bertus weyers

Hi all,

I Hope someone can advise:

I have been using CbB for a while now but this is the first time I've had this issue. When playing keyboard using the plugins (Kontakt, BBCSO, etc) all works well and then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, everything falls out and I have to restart all the plugins. No matter if it's only two or maybe 10 plugins, it happens in all scenarios. Sometimes it's for a few hours that I can play with no hassles, then, once this "fallout" starts, the longest I can play is 7 minutes. Then it stops again and I have to start all over again!!. 

In the past I have never had this issue with CbB, but this has been happening since November last year. Even when I record the same thing happens. During the recording session the following happens; If I record a session and, before playback, reinstall and restart all the plugins, all goes well UNTIL I pause/ stop it. Then there's no sound. Restarting is the only choice which I'm sure you will agree is not ideal!!

Can someone please advise me what to do? I have tried everything I know but cannot fix it.

Regards.

That is a strange problem. You should definitely not have to "reinstall" anything to get plugins to work.  I would start with checking your audio driver buffer settings and change them to something bigger or smaller to see if it helps.  There are also midi buffer settings documented here.

Also, letting people know your Audio Interface make and model as well as what driver type and settings your using might help.