Same old song and dance

chuckebaby

I've taken a break from original songs for a while and been having a blast just jamming to some of my old favorite songs. starting a You Tube series called "The wicked Awesomeness of..." Playing songs from amazing guitarist from old and new.

This one is dedicated to the late, Great Dick Wagner.

For some of you that don't know, Dick, along with Steve Hunter ghosted the solos on 2 songs from Aerosmith's 2cnd album "Get your wings". This song featured here being one of my all time favorites.

I definitely didn't know about the ghosted solo's, but this track is also a huge favorite of mine. Been meaning to do a cover of Sight for Sore Eyes for sometime (need a good funky bassist for this lol).

Very nice tone and playing Chuck, truly loved it and you really need to do more stuff like this :).

Do you have any of your solo work on YouTube or another site? Would love to hear it.    

Hey you sound good there Chuck . Yeah man I understand why you did all that ..

The whole effing world is trying to tell me all the time what to play , who to play like  and how to compress it ...LOL

I say , Sometimes you just got to play the guitar balls to the walls after  pulling  your balls out  and letting the world hear you still got a set ...

I hope when you were done recording your guitar playing   , you threw a large raw  steak into your guitar case as a reward to your guitar for delivering all those fret board scorching  guitar tones ...

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Hey, Charlie,

Fantastic video, brother!  Dynamite playing, excellent tone and smooth fluidity!😀

This is one of my all time favorites.  My most recent cover band opened with that song 70% of the time for the twelve years we were together, and actually, way back when "Get Your Wings" was first released, my high school garage band played it, along with "Lord of the Thighs" and "Train Kept a Rollin".

I never realized Dick Wagner played the solo, although I liked a lot of his stuff with both versions of Alice Cooper, and one of my bands played Lou Reed's version of "Sweet Jane" which Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter also played on.  He was always a fantastic hired gun studio musician!

Anyway, excellent work, Chuck, great video!👍

Have a good one, buddy!
Bob