Bus template ?

Osman  Hemidov

+1 for this. It has been requested several times over the years.

There are several  ways to indirectly create a bus template like saving them on in a dedicated track template, but I find that a mediocre way to do something  that seems so logical en simple (but the bakers might have a different opinion on that😮...) to implement. 

I've got many busses in a huge template each preloaded with several plugins. The template takes long to load and fills a lot of screen.  I would like to be able to start with a cleaner lightweight template and add busses whenever I feel the need, the same way I can add tracks and not to have to eliminate them from my standard template.

You might consider changing the title to something like "feature request: bus template"

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

For the time being, the way to do this is to create a single audio track with sends to all the buses you want in your template. 

Once you insert the template, you can simply delete that single track - the buses will be left intact.

That's what I was referring to and what I find a suboptimal solution...

the downside of modular choices - how many busses did you need? or tracks? i think over time you define what is the most likely combination of tracks and busses you typically use and make that your primary template. then create the other track templates for expanding your project.

i have a single large "template" template which has my full set of tracks and busses, and when creating a new track template, i use that to add the new track, set up the effects, sends etc. and then export it. if i have existing busses that match up - the track is simply added and wired in. if the project doesn't have the associated buss(es), then they get added and the track is wired in... so my primary template has maybe half the total number of tracks and busses and i have another 30 or track templates for specific instrumentation and their associated busses. the main annoyance is the buss colors not being preserved and thus the track colors are not...

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Casting another vote for the introduction of bus templates. With this functionality already present for tracks, it seems logical and reasonable for it to also be available for buses.

I understand the various workarounds, but they're still workarounds. I make regular use of project templates, but since I use a lot of plugins on specialized buses that I don't use elsewhere in a project, it adds a lot of plugin-loading overhead for them to be included in the project template and opened at every stage of the project. Being able to pull in preset buses at the stage of the project where they are needed, and being able to manage them as bus templates, would be much easier than having to find and pull in a track from another project which sends to the bus and keep track of which project has the most current version of the bus.

So what we have now is a lot of overheard of various kinds when the simple solution is already there, just a few pixels away on the console view, for tracks.

Thanks for the consideration and for this wonderful software. It's my favorite DAW to date and the only one I use.

Edited by Red Four